oilfield the new adventure begins will keep you updated

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by C.B., Sep 1, 2012.

1. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    Back in the day, I opened more than one Master lock with a 5 foot bar and a 10lb sledgehammer. Quick, easy, and painless... Although the lock likely felt a tad different about the situation!:cool:

truckon and Giggles the Original Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Giggles the Original

Giggles the Original Road Train Member

well all he had was a crowbar in our pick up...wish he woulda had a sledgeHAMMER.....lol

FloTheWaitress and truckon Thank this.
  4. Giggles the Original

no new news..he cleared just shy of $1400. last week for 5 days work....

5. Giggles the Original

well i am not really knowledgable about oil field stuff....but will do my best to explain....company where hubby is....well rumor has it that they are going pipeline.....and that they wont need trucks when that happens.....so they will be relocating to Kansas ...I AINT moving to Kansas....his immed. boss is trying to recruit him to the company he is going to....but there is no time frame on the deal of not needing trucks...i told hubby, "if it aint broke, dont fix it".....right now things are fine...pay , etc....he is officialy on nights now...and i thought it was a 13% increase in pay....it was 18%......i told him he should ride it out...and if they do move operations...then he will have just that much more exp hauling crude and can find another job then...this could be 6 months....or several years....we will see what happens.....

truckon and Chibob Thank this.
  6. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    you know they have grass and stuff in ks and no tatantulas

Giggles the Original Thanks this.
  7. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    I am not in the oilfield yet, but I would sat that your advice is correct. Large companies do move, but they move slow. You are correct that with the time frame might be longer than others realize. If he is happy with the job, sticking it out to the end is a good gamble. He will have that much more crude experience, he will have that much more time to research other jobs and it just might turn out that he stays where he is for a good long time.

When a company goes pipeline, do they pipe from the well? I was told by one person that the runs just get shorter, they still truck the oil from the well, just not nearly as far.

8. Chibob

Chibob Medium Load Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Columbia, Missouri
    Hi Giggles; Is Kansas getting ready to start booming?

9. Giggles the Original

from what i understand its gonna be from well to refinery......

i dont know if Kansas is about to boom or not....will try n find out more info....

yeah Pete...i killed yet ANOTHER scorpion in the apt this am......GRRRRRRR

10. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
  11. Giggles the Original

well the whole pipeline thing inst happening any time soon.....they havent even begun to start on it yet....

his old boss (he gave his notice to go elsewhere, and when he did, they fired him)....lied to him about the increase in pay for nights.....it is still an increase...but not the amount he was told.

they are gonna try starting aug 1st to do 6/3 and then a 5/2 then back to 6/3 etc rotation....i dont see it flying cuz they wont be able to log that 6th day....unless they dont haul 3 loads a day...he is on 5/2 now....

the money is indeed good and he is enjoying what he is doing thats for sure....

they have had several issues with breakdown with the new trucks, as well as the new tankers...seems like they are in the shop A LOT....

other than that..dont know any info on Kansas.....and no new news to report...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.