Okay, it's probably a stupid question.

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Texas-Nana, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest
    My husband and I are considering Schneider and know that we'd be doing the school and training with them. But my "stupid" question is this: If we're hired to be team drivers will we do our OTR training together with a trainer or will we go seperate with two different trainers?

Does anyone know?

And yes you have probably already guessed who's freaking out at the thought of being in a truck for a couple of weeks with a man I don't know. :biggrin_25526: Seems some of us don't grow up we just grow older! LOL

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cynical Driver

Cynical Driver <strong>"Eternal Cynic"</strong>

Aug 27, 2006
    Wisconsin
    They will do their best to get you both in the same training truck, but this is not always possible. There aren't many trainers who will train a team together.

You can also request a female trainer if you don't get trained together. Make sure this is not a "maybe" request. Demand it! It may take you longer to get through the "TE" period, but there have been a lot of problems with male trainers and female students, and vice versa.

Simply tell them that if you can't be trained together, then you would require a femal trainer. Tell them this over the phone when you talk to the recruiter, and ask that the promise be faxed to you in writting and signed. That way someone is held accountable and Schneider can't say they never promised that simple accomodation.

4. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest
    Thanks so much! I feel a great deal better now. We're so excited about this new adventure in our lives. :biggrin_25520:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.