Oklahoma Tank Lines / United Petroleum Transports

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by RatKilla, Feb 19, 2010.

1. RatKilla

RatKilla Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Anyone know anything about Oklahoma Tank Lines / United Petroleum Transports? I searched but couldn't find anything. Are they good to work for and stable?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RatKilla

RatKilla Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Its been three weeks, no one's heard anything at all about OTL-UPT? Good? Bad? Something?

4. Big John

Big John Road Train Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Oklahoma
    They have a reputation of being the cheapest/ rate cutters in fuel hauling. But if your a company driver thay may pay good I don't know.

5. BigGlen

BigGlen Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I'm looking to lease on to United petroleum transports. Can anyone tell me what they pay? How good is their bobtail insurance?

6. bondservant

bondservant Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Ft. Worth, Tx
    I used to work for them out of Dallas/Ft worth. Big John is right as far as their rates. The insurance for company drivers is not bad but the pay is low. They do zone pay which means that all drops within a certain radius pay so much and ones a little further out pay a little more. I made 49000 in 2009 and about 23000 when I left in May 2010. I believe a lot of the other fuel companies paid a little better on their loads but that came from talking to other drivers at the gas racks. Hope this helps some.

7. BigGlen

BigGlen Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Was that as a company driver or owner?
    What fuel transport companies are good for owner operators?

8. bondservant

bondservant Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Ft. Worth, Tx
    It was as a company driver. I actually believe the owner operators there did fairly well. There was a lot more turnover among company drivers. They seem to treat owner operators pretty well. Don't know any specifics on other companies but PCT who is owned by Keenan has quite few owner operators.

9. HotshotHoilday

HotshotHoilday Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2013
    In my opinion, there has never been a more corrupt collection of conspirators inside the Oilfield Industry than that of Carl Bailey, Kenny Mantor and the once reputable company, United Petroleum Transports , whose corporate offices are located in the heart of oilfield country, Oklahoma City, OK.

When I started in the fuel transportation business I was proud to be apart of it. After 14 years I can honestly say that he entire system is a joke. A cruel trick by which large corporations suck the very life out of anyone willing to do their bidding for a small sum of money. Since I began in the fuel transportation business I have come to understand that in order to make any amount of money in energy industries that you must sell your soul to the devil.

I have stabbed people in the back. I have been forced to forgo my moral and ethical standards for a dollar. I have been made to do these things to good employees that threatened the foundation of United Petroleum Transports hidden agenda to rob the industries product for pennies on the dollar. UPT/OTL continues to steel crude while diverting attention away from itself through an ever rotating column of expendable employes who simply learned too much about this morally degenerate, unethical and scandalous company. The very foundation of higher prices at the pump is due to companies like UPT/OTL corrupt nature which effects every person driving a car at the pump.

I'm assuming that you know nothing about the Oilfield industry or the level of corruption that you can find everyday inside the goings on of those companies involved in the transportation of Crude Oil to the Keystone Pipeline and storage farms like found in Cushing, OK, refineries or the simple delivery of Ethanol, Diesel and other crude based products to your local gas station.

I'm writing this as a measure to inform anyone willing to listen of my personal experiences at UPT/OTL as well as my personal opinions regarding their business practices, especially inside the oilfield industry. I will also share eyewitness accounts of UPT's cut throat tactics to keep customers using UPT/OTL services while raping the oilfield industries major producers such as Chesapeake, Devon and Sandridge.

Not only has UPT/OTL conspired to embarrass, and then steal the business of other other crude transportation workers by stealing oil off of their assigned wells, but it has done so in such a scandalous manner as to not be caught by those companies, as well as others seeking to provide services in Crude Oil Transportation in Oklahoma and Texas- thus hurting the industry, driving prices up and providing unsafe transportation of hazardous materials to gas stations throughout Oklahoma. Just look at their CSA/DAK scores.

[​IMG]

United Petroleum Transports, aka Oklahoma Tank Lines, has blamed their own failings to deliver crude oil to their customer "Gavilon" due to outright theft of crude taken right off the tank batteries in the oilfields of Wheeler County Texas. This according to the new head of the Crude Oil Division for United Petroleum Transports Kenny Mantor.

The fact is that Mantor and UPT/OTL is stealing this oil right our from under their customers noises while counting on the lack of security in the oilfield, the inability of the "Pumpers" to keep up with and maintain accurate levels of crude oil and the ongoing inability to regulate security measures (like locks, personnel and pipeline overflights) on the oil storage tanks in the oilfields of North Texas. They have used the Oilfield industries failings to their advantage by removing crude oil from unauthorized wells and delivering it to unauthorized persons (mostly illegal aliens from Mexico) for a mere fraction of the products total value, while blaming the loss, or missing crude, on "other unauthorized companies" like Barcass Oilfield Services, EastTex Transportation, Guardian, Connect and other oilfield service companies. They have made millions of dollars while hiding in plan sight of the public, the Oklahoma Corporation Commission, the Texas Railroad Commission and the Environmental Protection Agency.

UPT/OTL has maintained a monopoly and tight control of the cost and flow of fuel in Oklahoma and Texas, raising prices beyond the recommended sales price at the pump. UPT/OLT has stolen, in my opinion, untold thousands of dollars to keep itself in business over the 25 years that they have been delivering fuel products to gas pumps in Oklahoma and Texas raising the cost of the fuel to unacceptable levels which has done nothing but cost each person using their delivered fuel products money at the pump to the tune of millions of dollars.

CalebJoshua Thanks this.
  10. Miss Impala

Miss Impala Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Hearing a rumor that they are reducing the hours of the Amarillo drivers to under 30 to avoid Obamacare. Anyone confirm this?

11. trucker459

trucker459 Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2013
    Sound like your a complete idiot - I have worked for UPT for over 30 years and I also know both the people you mention . UPT and its team are 100% upfront and are not thieves nor liars,
    Sounds to me your a disgruntled employee because if you had any proof you wouldn't have posted on this forum , it would have been in court . Speaking of court follow this link and see who the thieves in Oklahoma are.
    http://www1.odcr.com/results

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.