Old cab - scrap value

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Dino soar, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    I have an 89 Freightliner cab with no doors and no windshield that I'd like someone to take for scrap.

There's no interior in it but the gauges are there and all that stuff but it's been in the weather for some time.

I do not have a title for it, but I think some of these scrap guys can get away with that or maybe they'll just chop it up and sell the aluminum pieces.

Any idea with the scrap price would be for that, or what would be fair to sell it to a scrap guy for? I have no idea but I would like to get rid of it.

Also is there anything else I should take off of that cab for my Freightliner?

Rideandrepair and Intothesunset Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    Scrap will pay you by the pound so it is maybe $50 worth of scrap, considering that whole cars are only going for $125-150. Being open and exposed to the weather it really doesn't have any value for parts.
    If I were you I would be happy just to find a scrapper to haul it away for free to get it out of my yard.

4. Intothesunset

Intothesunset Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    Where is this?
    Do you have a pic to share?
    I would not scrap it, but I'm a fool.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  5. Dino soar

Dec 8, 2017
    I'm about a half an hour from Philadelphia.

As far as the cab goes there's not much to see. It's an 89 Freightliner cab with no doors no windshield no seat no interior. It's a cab that has a big hole in the back of it because it had that type of a sleeper. It's been sitting out on the weather at least 8 years.

Intothesunset and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  6. Dino soar

Dec 8, 2017
    I'm about a half an hour from Philadelphia.

The cab is just a cab with no doors no windshield no seat no interior. It's been out in the weather for at least 8 years. I have no title for it.

If you would not get rid of it, what would you do with it?

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  7. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Paint it Pink and Purple, throw some dirt in it.Plant some flowers, Set it out in front of the house. Call it Yard Art. Lol. Last I heard Iron/ Steel was .10 c per Lb. Call local scrapyard. Tell them what you got, where it’s at. They might pass along the tip, to one of their regular Scrappers. Hopefully a Crackhead doesn’t show up at your house. Lol.

8. Intothesunset

Intothesunset Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    I wish I could come get it for yard art.

JoeyJunk, Dino soar and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.