Old Dominion Freight Lines - Thomasville, N.C.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by smurf-316, Oct 5, 2006.

1. smurf-316

smurf-316 Resident Nut Case

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    you guy's have nothing to worry about with the training it's all pretty standard. and if you have any problems they will help you through it. I will warn you though...you will not get away with things that you would at other companies. they are very strict on safety!! YOU WILL drive by the rules and YOU WILL complete and log the right way!! YOU WILL drive the speed limit or YOU WILL get your ********* chewed out!! but before you guy's jump on with ROEHL you should check out one awsome company that i drive for myself. OLD DOMINION FRIEGHT LINES. don't take my word for it. call and talk to them yourself. let's do the math. at ROEHL your start at 30 cents per mile and in 1 year you will make 36 cent per mile. at OLD DOMINION as a student driver you will start at 33 cents per mile. in 6 months you will make 42 cents per mile!!! at ROEHL you will sleep in your truck every night. at OD you won't even know what a sleeper looks like because you won't have one in your truck. you will sleep in a HOTEL EVERY NIGHT!! at ROEHL you will try to find bob's bakery in a back alley in los angelas. at OD you will know exactly where you are going because you will deliver terminal to terminal only!!! you guy's should really check OD out!!
    Smurf.....:wave:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Inprogress80

Inprogress80 Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Cleveland, Georgia
    Is there an old dominion located in Georgia or some wheres near? If not do they pay for your trip there and hotel stay?

4. whispers65233

whispers65233 Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO

They have service centers all over Ga. Their website is Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.. odfl.com

5. gagoon

gagoon Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Dahlonega, Georgia
    Hey Inprogress80. I spoke with 2 terminal managers just last week for Old D Freight. One in Atlanta, and the other was in Pendegrass. Both were looking for drivers, but at the time I called, both were full on new graduate drivers. (not sure of how long between hire to road time they have) Nice guys to talk with. You can find them on their site listed in the above post, but you have to call. Both are looking for linehaul drivers, not city drivers. They both told me average time out is a maximum of 3 days.
    You have to call and talk to them, then go in and fill out an application at the terminal office.
    Good luck,, hope that helps.
    Frank:wave:

6. Inprogress80

Apr 16, 2006
    Cleveland, Georgia
    Where about in pendergrass? Thanks alot......

7. smurf-316

smurf-316 Resident Nut Case

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    if you look on the old d. website you'll find a list of terminals where you can apply. they blow all the other "starter companies" away!! if you go over the road for about 2 years you can go local. i think you'll start off at about $16 per hour.
    Smurf>>>:wave:

8. Scarecrow03

Scarecrow03 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2006
    In Your Head
    just curious....

How did a thread entitled "Roehl Transportation" become a recruiting station for Old Dominion? It's good information, but is it really relavent?

9. Inprogress80

Apr 16, 2006
    Cleveland, Georgia
    I think because someone was suggesting another opption.

10. gagoon

gagoon Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Dahlonega, Georgia
    Sent you a private message with the numbers I had and the name I had.
    Good luck

11. scarecrow56

scarecrow56 Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2006
    palm bay, fl.
    ok smurf
    lemme ask a few. Do they use teams? I saw on thier website that they are a "less than truckload carrier". Does this mean multiple stops for the same trailer? And also unloading every piece of frieght in it? Is it a lot of doubles? Being a pre student(I have a class B with 6 yrs ex.),isnt jumping right into doubles a bit much to handle for a new driver? Good benifits? What about safety and training. I would prefer to be trained by an exp. driver. Not someone who is 6 months out of school.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.