Old speeding ticket I paid dmv to keep off my record

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Bryan banks, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Bryan banks

Bryan banks Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2019
    A few years ago, I cant remember exactly, I got a speeding ticket going through a small town in OK. I paid the $200 fine and an additional 100 or so to keep it off my record.

A few weeks ago I filled out an application online for a trucking school and without thinking much about it; answered no, to the question about having any moving violations within the last 3 years.

I've talked to a recruit and just got my permit. I'm set to start school on monday. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Tia,

bryan b

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Pull your MVR and find out. You can bet the trucking company will.

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I don't know of any way to "Pay additiona" to DMV... that is something that does not happen.

Brings up say a idea of a corrupt agent behind your DMV counter taking that 100 maybe?

The only time in my life I have had something committed that never touched my DMV in any form ever was a expired registration going on 9 months. What with the cancer chemo and so forth it was a very bad year. Lawman handed me ticket 5 minutes later I paid it 200 something odd dollars fine in our local Police station, they told me not to expect any action because lawman has not even entired that into his computer or done paper work.

10 minutes after that new registration put on vehicle and alls well.

They treated it as a gift for small children to have teddy bears or something nice in times of their lives in which something horrible has happened to them. I do not have a problem with it.

5. Bryan banks

Aug 7, 2019
    I just pulled my 3 year mvr and all is good on that. as long as it didn't take place more than 3 years ago and shows up on a 5 year mvr. I guess I'll go the mvd tomorrow just to be sure.

6. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    The trucking school probably won't care even if there is something there. The company that wants to hire you after school might, they will pull your MVR also.

Probably not a big deal. You would remember if it was 15+ over. Less than that, I wouldnt worry.

Bryan banks Thanks this.
  7. Bryan banks

Aug 7, 2019
    It was definitely legit. I paid it online the same time I paid the fee.

8. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ok. Im not your opponet. But sometimes I have to question things like that.

If it works out for you then I say congrats. Just be very careful with your CDL. Its easy to remove yourself economically from this industry with tickets.

Gambosa, FlaSwampRat and Bryan banks Thank this.
  9. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    5 years ago you can always say you forgot about that. I doubt they'll care a whole lot about one speeding ticket from over three years ago, now if more than that show up they might have an issue.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  10. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If you exist as long as I have, you get to say what tickets?

LIFETIME MVR with damning piles of them... oh those? Don't recall any of them, they don't matter anyhow. =)

More than likely the drone showing me that was not alive much more than 20 years ago. HA.... the nerve...

Gambosa Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.