OMFG, OMG it is coming UBER will be here

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by trucko, May 28, 2017.

1. trucko

trucko Medium Load Member

Aug 3, 2015
    Well, I have the feeling that soon dispatchers will be gone or at least reduced to minimum. May be new car haulers will still have them. Everything that uses phone communication will be UBERized sooner or later. They will find way to bend regulations, avoid regulations or whatever but soon this market will have its UBER

as UBER driver I can tell you that at first UBER was making not bad when I was working on airport rides, but then UBER cut rates and no one drives full time for UBER.

Same will happen in car hauling. UBER like app will dispatch loads for you

It will be much easier for you. Are you driving the app will send you notification

20 miles away, Jackie Chan is requesting shipping of his Cadillac Escalade, pick up is available till 10 PM, Pays $500, Destination, Columbus, OH. You have 1 minute to accept order and arrange pick up.

Is not that cool? It is, you do not have to call somewhere, you do not have to guess if late pick ups or deliveries are permitted. You can rate customer. Is dealer #####ing you, rate them low and no one will transport cars for them in future. Same dealer can also rate you

Is not that awesome, but guess what, rates will be cut. However it might still be profitable to stay in the business, but OMFG dispatchers will have hard time.

What's you comment?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Terry270

Terry270 Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2014
    BG, KY
    The only thing that dictates rates is how much the person actually moving the frieght will do it for. Nothing new here either. RAT provided people with a platform to list thier own vehicles a few years ago.

Oh and I have already hauled a few loads for Uber. So far they have been nice to deal with. One of the loads was more weight than agreed on and I got held up for over 8 hours waiting for approval to unload some of the product. They paid me 300 for my time with no fussing.

Hammer166 Thanks this.
  4. Annonymous

Annonymous Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Connecticut
    ## UBER. I hope nobody goes and works with them.

passingthru69 Thanks this.
  5. AtticusRoad

AtticusRoad Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Indiana
    Algorithms serve one purpose. They may not argue over layover or detention, but they ARE designed to maximize profit for the company. This calculation will certainly include turnover rate vs workload. If it can afford to screw and lose you, it will.

Highway_Executive Thanks this.
  6. Ryan423

Ryan423 Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2016
    California
    Sounds like a fancy name for a load board. Whoop-de-do.

7. nax

nax Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2016
    Wow dude, you might as well bend over and have Uber shove their hand up yo bunghole...

[​IMG]

8. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Bunghole, LOL
    IMG_4205.JPG

9. djbattle

djbattle Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Uber will find out cars are alot harder than the taxi business.central has it on lock

10. MooneyBravo

MooneyBravo Heavy Load Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    We all want to make big bucks and we all want to get a good deal. That immediately creates a conflict. I don't know anything about this but it sounds like another name for load board and an extension of deregulation.

We need to have set rates and no ability to cut throat one another. Until then it's all going downhill.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.