On a company sponsored training hunt. Which company?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by devon<3, Jun 24, 2019.

1. devon<3

devon<3 Bobtail Member

Jun 24, 2019
    California
    Hello,
    I'm looking for a fully paid school where I can bring my dog. She's big but trained. I can't leave her, so I'm thinking maybe somewhere I can leave her in a motel... Maybe bring my 15 year old boy (who's into new places/things like me) to watch her?
    I was in an awful relationship that took my job of 6 years, my family and friends, both homes (I paid all rent and utilities) during "him" and virtually everything I own. I knew my life was next, so I left the county and haven't gone back. Now it's just me and my dog, basically homeless. I've always loved to travel and I find that being in one place right now, isn't for me as there's so much more to see and know about beyond county/city lines. I had a 21' trailer (never stayed it it yet) that I put on a property in a secluded area on the coast. A couple days ago, happy I found somewhere to have my kids just in time for summer (thats their time with me), I went to finalize situating everything there and found that it was stollen. What I had left was in that trailer. No trailer and now no kids. The last motel I went to, I walked into the room 2 doors down (room service refused to go in because someone was "unconcious") and the guy had shot himself in the head. I can't catch a break. I'm ready to go to trucking school ASAP but now need my birth certificate and ss card and from what I'm seeing, a permit? I'm completely broke. Any suggestions?

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
  4. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Wow, I am sorry to hear that.

devon<3 Thanks this.
  5. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Post location for Chinatown, He'll be along with a list of companies shortly.

devon<3 Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    There's companies where you can take your son & pet.
    The state will pay for private cdl school, then you can choose several different companies to work for.
    If that's not an option, then trucking company school, but you'll have to find some to watch your son & dog for awhile.
    May also consider relocation to another more tax friendly state.

LoneRanger, Puppage and devon<3 Thank this.
  7. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    I hope things get better for you. On the cdl training. Yes your going to need to have the permit first. I would reach out to your local agencies to help you get back on your feet. You're going to need some help to get some identification. You can study the cdl practice test on this forum. I know R.E. West out of Tennessee will train you & they don't make you sign a contract. Your dog is going to be an issue. You have to get back on your feet before you can be helpful to yourself, children, and dog. Do all you can with the first steps. All the best to you and keep your head up. Don't become discouraged there are beautiful people around who will help you out of this tough time. The Lord bless you.

8. devon<3

devon<3 Bobtail Member

Jun 24, 2019
    California
    My son lives with his dad so that's not a problem, but I have no secondary options for my dog; I couldn't leave her, I know. I definitely don't mind another state but would want to be in California at least a couple times a month to see my kids. They're my purpose.
    I didn't know there was a private school option. I just thought everything was a company school lol. I'm still new and still researching. That brings some positive light into the mix though. Thank you!

9. devon<3

devon<3 Bobtail Member

Jun 24, 2019
    California
    This made my eyes swell, thank you :)

10. devon<3

devon<3 Bobtail Member

Jun 24, 2019
    California
    California

11. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    States have programs to help people get started in trucking. Tuition is free and in some cases gas money is provided and meals & lodging provided.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    ibcalm19 and skellr Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.