On Health... the right way....

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by WesternPlains, Sep 4, 2017.

1. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I'm a person who only recently thought he could do long haul trucking. I almost died from diabetes 12 years ago. Did tons of rehabilitation and only recently thought I could do this... from what I have learned.

12 years ago, I had diabetes that was causing weight loss. They have no treatment for that. Either it stops on it's own, or it doesn't, and you die. It did with me. But left me a complete basket case. Everything was eaten up... muscles, bone, organs, nervous system. I was in bad shape. I rehabilitated to the point that Doctors labeled me as: "A History of Diabetes Only" ... Only one little problem. I was so wrapped up in exercise all the time. I couldn't sit for more than an hour without going nuts.

That was 8 years ago. Been driving a trash truck the last 7. My health has gone downhill from that. But at least I have been able to get out of the truck often.
    I've had other problems. Like an accident falling on ice, 2 1/2 years ago. I had bad leg pain. Doctors didn't do anything for me. I had to find out for myself that it was actually fibromyalgia. Am treating it myself. Like I did with Diabetes and the lifestyle treatment.
    Got bad last spring with EMF. I was sleeping on the opposite side of the wall from two electric smart meters. I actually got to the point of total body melt down.
    I had to keep researching, trying to find better answers. In that research, I've found answers. Surprised at the agreement that the Medical Industry is not our friend. Those drugs aren't doing us any good. There are natural ways to address health. Not just being a gym rat either.
    I only recently began to think that I could actually handle long range trucking. I never had the knowledge before. Society ain't doing us any favors with their foods and medical care.
    I'd like to suggest....
    Watch a guy on youtube. Name is Doctor John Bergman .... he is fantastic....
    Read a book named: The Magnesium Miracle, by Dr. Carolyn Dean ... This one is the big key. Magnesium, along with all else she tells you to do. This is fantastic.
    If you want to find out about really smart exercise that doesn't take alot of time. Look up Scott Sonnon. He's a fighter. But he admits that most of the people he helps are middle age.

I have no financial, business, or otherwise connection to any of those. I just posted this with honest, earnest interest to help truckers. You'll be glad if you bother to learn from those I posted.
    Also.... if you keep looking. You will find there are plenty others who agree with these people above. It's just now beginning to come to light.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    Recently, Dr. Carolyn Dean has been talking about being a healthy slouch. That applies to those of us with a desk job. Steering wheel in the desk included.
    She says that it isn't that bad. IF! You can get yourself to push hard exercise for a very short time everyday. I say even 30 seconds full out. Or three minutes? Just warm up and do it. It will make a huge difference in you. Will help a ton. She says those experts who say you must get 30 minutes or more. Won't get nearly as much more out of 30 minutes than you will from doing something for 30 seconds, or 3 minutes. That is in comparison to doing nothing. Keep that in mind. It makes a big big difference. She says the biggest thing is to do at least something for even a short time each day. Think about it.

cybill234 and tman78 Thank this.
  4. tman78

tman78 Medium Load Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Good work man.

Are you taking anything for your diabetes ?

cybill234 Thanks this.
  5. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    No. Only at the start, did I take anything. Quicky went to lifestyle for treatment. I don't like drugs.

tman78 Thanks this.
  6. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    Interesting story, but you do not mention anything specific as to what you did. Also, no mention if you were over weight, or lost weight ? Your story needs more data to explain things here ???

cybill234 Thanks this.
  7. tman78

tman78 Medium Load Member

Jul 2, 2014
    He mentioned that he suffered from Hugh Weight Loss due to Type 2 diabetes. Regardless, sounds like Western is beating it with Diet, nutrition and exercise (all 3 are challenging if you are a Truck Driver).

8. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    Oh don't worry about HD. He's just looking for enough, so that he has an excuse to argue. That's all.

tman78 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.