One dead in Stunt Truck mishap

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by TruckerLlew, Jul 2, 2022.

1. TruckerLlew

TruckerLlew Medium Load Member

Jun 30, 2006
    Oklahoma
    One dead after stunt truck catches fire at Field of Flight in Battle Creek

AModelCat, Boondock and mjd4277 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Yeah, I heard about that. "Shockwave" has been entertaining folks for years, it's a shame the stunt went awry. It appears, the "staged" explosion was too powerful, and blew the truck off course. At 300 mph, it doesn't take much. Nice goin', promoter. Anyway, RIP driver,,

Bean Jr. and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  4. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    They have any idea of what actually happened? Looks to me like the pyrotechnic explosion caused him to veer off the runway, like he didn't know that was part of the plan or something.

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Some dark night I'd love to cross the scales in that vehicle at 300 mph with those flames lighting up the darkness.
    Scale masters would really enjoy talking about that for years.

6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    yeah, the family and i have seen the Shockwave truck at the airshow here a few times. incredibly loud "bangs" when he "gasses on it" in front of the stands..you can feel the heat and the vibrations of the ground.

i don't know who was in the seat when this accident happened.

ok, it was the son of the man who started the shockwave racing...

Chris is the Driver/Pilot of the Flash Fire Jet Truck and the SHOCKWAVE Jet Truck. Chris has been involved in motorsports his entire life. He has many years of experience in the Motorsports Promotion business as well. Chris has competed in many different types of racing over the years from drag racing to circle track and beyond. He has literally done it all. Having experience on the production side of motorsport events as well as a performer/competitor in motorsports goes a long way towards making each show a success.

Chris also has a Bachelors Degree in Marketing/Advertising and Promotions from Missouri State University. Besides driving the Fastest Trucks in the world on the Drag Racing and Air Show circuit, Chris also owns a Truck Accessory Company called 4 Wheel Customs. Chris is now sharing the driving duties with his dad Neal in both the Flash Fire and SHOCKWAVE Jet Trucks.

Bean Jr. and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  7. Speed_Drums

Speed_Drums Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2014
    RIP driver.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  8. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    It looks that way, but further investigation revealed a mechanical failure. One thing for sure, those fighter pilots got more of a show than they bargained for.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.