Only Drivers Happy With Werner

Discussion in 'Werner' started by JimTheHut, Nov 30, 2009.

1. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    I would like to hear only from the drivers that Work for Werner presently or did so in the past and LIKED THE COMPANY!

Please do not tell your horror stories, there are plenty of other places for that.

I want to hear the good, so I can weigh it against all the bad that I have heard!

Thanks in advance for your honesty!

Jim:biggrin_25514:

buddy_bill, shaker1025 and shrek99352 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ccolvin

ccolvin Medium Load Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Taft, Ca
    well so far i just completed my training which was just 140 hours since i had 4 months of exp. We ran hard and always had a preplanned load. I worked for CRST before and I couldnt be any happier than where I am at right now!

Marty007, buddy_bill and JimTheHut Thank this.
  4. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    One of my teachers had two relatives there. One for 17 years and another for 4. Both liked it.

buddy_bill Thanks this.
  5. Dreaman

Dreaman Medium Load Member

Sep 18, 2007
    Iowa
    So you can hear what you want? Colvin you ran hard and had preplanned because you were on a trainer truck. Once you are on your own that will change unless you end up on a dedicated account.

There are success stories with Werner, however, there are a lot of variables that make it that way. Drivers home location, what region they drive in, if they end up dedicated or not, how well they can adapt and make the best of what is handed to them. I have heard they are running regional for 48 state and not changing the pay scale. Check the threads on this.

This thread sounds a lot like a few others I have read. If your looking for sunshine and lollipops you are in for a bad trip.

I worked there just short of 5 years. Quit 10-30-09. It wasn't bad but not great either. Most of my time there was on a dedicated account. Wouldn't have stayed there that long if it wasn't.

Good luck

buddy_bill and Hanadarko Thank this.
  6. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    Not looking for sunshine and lollipops at all. I just wanted to hear what the positive experiences were out there. I have actually spoken to two drivers that are very happy there. One is a team driver with his wife and have been there for 7 years. The other is going through training.
    I have looked over most of the trucking companies on this site and all of them have something negative said about them. The company that just laid me off really screwed me, but there are alot of people there that love the place and would never think of changing.
    Trucking as you know is a very hard and many times a thankless job. I honestly believe that many go into thinking it is going to be this wonderful experience being paid to drive around the country as if you were in some RV.
    It can be wonderful and it can be pure hell as well. I think they call that Life.

I have no misconceptions of what it is going to be like. But I see it as a way to start a new career where I can provide for my family and not loose my house.
    To me that is worth any discomfort that i have to put up with for a while.
    I am sure that it will not be as bad as I think and it will not be as good as I think either.
    I was willing to go back over and be a private contractor in the East. I am sure that those guys would love the luxury of sleeping in a nice bed!
    God Bless!

Jim

7. Bigarmin88

Bigarmin88 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Tampa Bay Fl
    My experience with them was ok,wasn't the greatest but I was paying the bills.Would I work for them agian,yes only if I had a family dollar account again,other then that,I would pass them by.

buddy_bill Thanks this.
  8. ccolvin

ccolvin Medium Load Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Taft, Ca
    Well so far I got assigned my truck which is a freightliner classic xl it's in the shop for an airleak but my dispatcher is looking to get me on the road and it seems he's going to run me hard. I am from Bakersfield ca and am running the western region. He said I may leave my reason but only to keep me running. I will update you guys as I go along. Hopefully my truck is out of the shop tomorrow and I can get running.

9. Rug_Trucker

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    Say what? Either you were tired when you typed that, or I am tired when I read that!

10. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    That gave me a good laugh!:biggrin_25515:

11. Rug_Trucker

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    ColderenHell out there this morning. Gonna let the Cummins dually warm for 40 minutes before i go take my driving test. My heater only goes to 60*!! I hope they let me warm the Pete at school for a while.

Bad thing is tomorrow we are cleaning trucks. They are calling for 17*

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.