OOIDA takes elogs to the Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by tucker, Apr 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    No elogs do not eliminate that possibility. The current hos does. Two entirely different things.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Road Train Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    The ELD Mandate will not matter in a year or two. In the next couple years all the states will be interconnected like as most of the western states are now, they won't need to see your logs. They will have a picture of you driving past the scale camera, date and time stamp, and there are plans to add random cameras on the interstate system. Why does this matter, they will have the system setup so if you get somewhere a bit to early it will flag the truck, and the next scale house, come inside please and explain this. ELD won't be needed if it is about HOS, they won't need them.

tucker and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    That is why God created spray paint.

5. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    To me it looks likes you have a couple of issues with slogs. Which way do you want - slogs or no elogs.

6. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Road Train Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    Spray paint your license plate and DOT/VIN number? Take a look at big data, you are already tracked, today they are just gathering the data and looking at it, tomorrow they will be using it for enforcement.
    If you read the ELD white paper NHTSA put out, they are selling ELD as a way to bring technology to the industry. If you go to diesel engine manufacturer to them ELD means they can collect data on the engine and use the data to improve reliability and fuel economy, a certain manufacturer in Indiana equips all of their engines with wireless technology and download it today when WiFi is available.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  7. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    Reading this I get the impression that Tucker supports elogs until they are inconvenient for him. Do I have a correct understanding of his opinion on elogs?

Autocorrect changed elogs to slogs in my previous post. I didn't catch that. Sorry for any confusion.

Bean Jr. and Sublime Thank this.
  8. str8t10

str8t10 Medium Load Member

Apr 25, 2015
    Rochester,ny
    @bigguns I'd prefer to stay on paper. That's what I know and it works well. However I run regional, I'm home every weekend and except on the occasions I explained in previous posts. I don't think elogs will have a tremendous impact on my current situation. If you want my honest opinion. I think this is total BS. It's a moneygrab from the megas and government officials who have stock in these companies. And a ploy by the powers that BE to try and justify there jobs and make the public think they are taking steps to improve safety of drivers and 4 wheelers, when they really don't care about any of us.

Bean Jr. and OLDSKOOLERnWV Thank this.
  9. str8t10

str8t10 Medium Load Member

Apr 25, 2015
    Rochester,ny
    But i could be wrong. Who knows....

10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Doesn't matter if paper or electronic...if the driver is incompetent moron then something bad will happen...instead of raising standards these morons would just rather lower everyone whos intelligent down to the level of the idiots.

bigguns and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  11. mtoo

mtoo Road Train Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Retired on bended knee

That's it, in a nut shell

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.