Open letter to any recruiters reading this:

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Infosaur, May 23, 2018.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

If you're going to post on Craigslist,

Please restrain yourself from posting multiple times per day.

Asterisks, exclamation points, "at" signs and all caps doesn't make your ad stand out. It makes you look childish.

If you work for a mega, and have 30 seats to fill, please don't put 30 ads in.

Don't put a job in a specific region, say it's "local" and then tell me to apply to a national carrier hundreds of miles away.

Don't post multiple ads with different headlines and then the same copy in the actual listing.

Here's a shocker: put your name in the headline, where you need a driver ("near you!" Is not acceptable), and what kind of driver you want. (OTR, Hazmat, Flatbed, etc.)

If you can't be honest with us during a modest driver crunch, when the labor market REALLY tightens up, you're going to be spending more time posting adds than getting responses.

(Also, after perusing Craigslist for about 20 minutes, I realize I'm better off just cold calling local companies I'm familiar with or can research online. I'm tired of reading "local" ads that are actually more than 2 hours from home. On the job mileage is one thing, commuting is another, and I'm certainly not going to drive more than an hour away for a 14 hour a day day cab job.)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Craigslist is a bad place to find a job. I've learned that the hard way.

snowwy and sevenmph Thank this.
  4. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Craigslist is a bad place to find just about anything. It's full of scammers and BS.

sevenmph Thanks this.
  5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I'm not so sure....I struck gold with a mom and pop company there. I've ran with them for 5 years and I haven't looked back. I've found some reputable companies looking for drivers on Craigslist. Good number of megas are advertising there. There are even companies that are pretty good, maybe not as big, that had advertised on there, like Climate Express for instance.

djoh615893 and sevenmph Thank this.
  6. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    I hope you aren't suggesting that the megas are an example of good companies advertising on Craigslist.

sevenmph Thanks this.
  7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I'm not suggesting anything. Some people like the megas. If a driver has a good experience there, he will say it's a good company or vice versa. Some megas are good, some are bad. It depends on who you ask it seems. I was just saying you can find a job with a reputable company there. The reality is, every company has an ambassador, and every company has a hater.

8. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    @@@@@~FIND NEW DRIVERS TODAY!!!~@@@@@

9. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Yeah, I think I found my current company on CL too. And while I am thinking about moving on, I'd like to point out I've been here over 8 years. Which in this business is a pretty good run.

If anything, I'm amazed they finally killed the personal ads. I can't image there'd still be anyone using that for prostitution (buying OR selling) I'd assumed it was such an open secret for so long it was only vice cops trolling each other.

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  10. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Craigslist is beneficial. It tells you who not to work for.

LoneCowboy, sevenmph and IluvCATS Thank this.
  11. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I was going to say. Who would use Craigslist to find a supposedly "professional" job? You'd be better off using the local Penny Saver or Nickle Trader.

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.