Opening New Avenues in Ohio

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by cooke1415, Sep 29, 2017.

1. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Have you looked into Valley? I almost went to work for them, before I got my current gig. They're a super outfit, but not easy to get into. . . . !! Y'all are about 40 mins from me, max!

cooke1415 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cooke1415

cooke1415 Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2017
    I didn't realize we were so close!!

I have looked into Valley, the issue is the time away from home. My wife travels quite a bit for work and with 3 kids at home I really can't be away for a week at a time. I don't mind a couple over nights a week when my wife can plan around the time I'm gone. However, I really don't know Valley's schedule real well. A friend of mine drove for them a few years ago and he was gone all week so that's what I'm going off of. Have you heard/know anything different?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  4. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    I spoke with my buddy from Valley, finally on Friday, and yes, you are usually gone all week, still the same. They are a DANG great company, however; pay, benefits, the works.
    There's another company here in Ohio, Fab Express, out of Mount Vernon. Probably an hour South of you, but worth looking into. Day cabs, dry vans, hauling corrugated (light loads...) home daily and off weekends.

Let me know what pans out;
    Best of luck!
    Tom

5. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Just thought of another one that I referred another Buckeye to....but he didn't take. Tempus Transport runs expedited straight trucks and teams. They partner with Panther and FedEx somehow. Check out their website; best of luck, man!

6. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Check out Nick Strimbu, they’ll send you to cdl school I think. They are in ne Ohio.

cjbuckeye Thanks this.
  7. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Who are you working for now, CJ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.