Opinion on a 2011 Freightliner M2 112 with a Detroit DD13?

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by giannid, Jan 18, 2018.

1. giannid

giannid Light Load Member

Dec 6, 2015
    I'm in the market for a day cab tandem axle truck and just came across this southern truck that's priced pretty reasonable. The truck has 261k on it with 7500 hours. I've never owned one of these newer SCR trucks and not thrilled about jumping into the full emissions diesels, but I guess I don't have a choice unless I buy an antique. The truck is pretty cleaned and being sold by a small dealer that doesn't usually sell heavy duty trucks. They seem like good people and said I could road test it and take it to a shop to look over it. The Carfax is clean and looks like it's had oil changes at 20k intervals. Called my Freightliner dealer and they said not too much was done under warranty,delta p sensor and radiator. Have these engine/truck combinations been relatively reliable? Is there anything in particular I should look for in this truck? I really don't have much experience in these newer trucks but have done a lot of wrenching on the older ones. I'm just a small company who has a few trucks that are on the road and looking to upgrade to something newer. I guess there's always the option to tune the truck if the SCR/DPF gives me too much trouble. Opinions wanted :).

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Animosus

Animosus Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2015
    SE Wyoming
    What do you plan on pulling with it? What transmission?

4. giannid

giannid Light Load Member

Dec 6, 2015
    I'll be using at as a dump truck and it'll pull equipment around. It's a ten speed.

5. TripleNickle

TripleNickle Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Did you end up buying this truck? What are your thoughts? Planning on purchasing one myself in a few weeks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.