Opinions/Radio for a DX1600X

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by bored silly, May 20, 2017.

1. bored silly

bored silly Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Ok I've already got in mind a radio to use on the AB SIDE of a DX1600X -----DOUBTFUL ILL ever use the Class C side of that linear.... So I'm listening and interested in hearing people/drivers Thoughts and opinions on this.......

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Never knew they had sides.

4. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    This one does pull it up on the internet.... yours is one of the opinions I'm looking FOR

5. Ridgeline

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I stand corrected, I have nothing about it in my TS manual, it is not there. I have to see if I can get the service info on it. I've got somewhere a couple 1600Vs form a garage sale last year, they have issues and the guy didn't know how to put them into the little honda he had and I think he blew the driver board out.

bored silly Thanks this.
  6. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    Let me know what you come up with ??? THANKS

7. Ridgeline

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I won't move on it for a while, too much on the electronics end of things to do this week but I did call someone about it, and he said there isn't much to it other than some changes in the biasing that makes the change, he also doesn't have any service material on it. Outside of that, TS makes a good amp, wonder where they got the "dial-a-watt" thing from :mwink:

bored silly Thanks this.
  8. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    Well I just wanted to throw this out there. I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger on which radio to buy just yet anyways. I have to replace some products I lost while changing jobs. Man I hate having to replace things I already owned---- that can get expensive $$$ Lot of skip rolling out west of Birmingham where I'm at. Really kind of surprised with the weather I'm in. I'm hearing FL. AND PA.

9. wolverine11

wolverine11 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2015
    I have never run that much power the largest amp I ever hooked up was a TS 500 and just hit it with a General Lee, with the Sweet 16 do you hit it with a big radio or do you use a driver like a TS Mod v to get it to peak power output? You are right about skip Bored, Im in southern Georgia and skip is blowing up, what channel you monitoring or are you scanning the band?

10. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    I'm just listening to the skip on 19

wolverine11 Thanks this.
  11. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    Its a class ab and c linear I know what I can hit it with on the c side. Thinking about the general Lee for the A/B SIDE or have at least thought about it.

wolverine11 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.