Options other than loadboards

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Jim&Jay, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Jim&Jay

Jim&Jay Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2019
    Hey guys, I’ve been sitting in the back on the forums for awhile. Just recently decided to get involved.
    Has anyone looked into other options than just load boards? I’m starting up my own authority and want as many options as possible to be able to track down and cross reference the best loads available.
    Would signing on with or hiring a dispatch service be worth it, just to get my truck out there?
    I undstand new MC’s have a harder time getting choice rates or are stuck in a low rate limbo for their first 90 days.
    I recently stumbled upon Amazon freight and Uber freight. I can’t get anywhere with it though because I don’t have my numbers yet. Has anyone used these or have similar services they would recommend?

I already plan on using DAT, truckstop, expediteloads, and a few others. Just trying to keep options open and have the greatest availability.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    It's all the same everywhere. There is no secret load board with always high prices. Dat, Truck stop, Uber, Amazon it's all similar.
    If trucks vs available loads ratio is low, rates will be high everywhere and opposite if the ratio is high.

4. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    ‘If a dispatch service has long term relationships with brokers and shippers they can be a tremendous asset. Especially with a new MC number. However if they only source freight from the load board, well good luck.

Jim&Jay Thanks this.
  5. Jim&Jay

Jim&Jay Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2019
    This is why I’m curious if a dispatcher would be worth it or not.
    If they are just pulling from the same boards that I can pull from. Why am I giving them a % for something I can do myself?
    Unless them being a dispatcher, gives them a little more pull with securing loads than I could do solo.

Lite bug Thanks this.
  6. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    You want one that has been in business for awhile. What happens is when a broker needs something moved they call these guys they have been working with and have. Confidence in. Now while you are carrying a piece from point A to point B these guys are looking ahead of you and while in transit. They normally charge about 10% now the freight usually at a better than off the load board. Also a good dispatcher willl be able to negotiate a little better than a new guy because they will have better feel for the lane they are talking about. Because they have done it before. After a while you willing have a good understanding of how things should work. Also know when things are slow and areas that produce opportunities.

flatbedcarrier Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.