Oregon Fuel Tax

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by DarkLight, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Native Dancer

Native Dancer Heavy Load Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Portland, Or.
    Not really. Don't miss not visiting CA scales either. When I went down last week I was grossing 79,980 lbs. and still got a green light at OR and CA scales.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Truckers pay more in fuel tax because the 4 wheelers don't pay it lol. They don't even have to pump their own fuel.

But if you have noticed, Oregon has the best roads.

4. Marmon man

Marmon man Light Load Member

Mar 31, 2008
    Michigan
    I just got handed a $472 ticket because the company I'm hauling for didn't have this ########....hope these ##### took a picture of my truck because that will be the only way they will ever see it in this state again!

5. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    yea.... and well plowed in the winter, too!

scottied67 Thanks this.
  6. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    Send it to the company!
    If you go into OR and don't have a permit or an account, you will get that big bad ticket.

Never fuel in OR as there is NO fuel tax in the price, so when you enter WA or ID or CA, you're automatically in the hole for their fuel tax rate per gallon. That being said, most likely your carrier will bill you for the weight-distance tax on your settlement. You're basically paying OR state fuel tax via check rather than at the pump.

7. mothertrucker17

mothertrucker17 Bobtail Member

May 20, 2012
    Salida, Colorado
    Hello. Touching back on the subject of the thread, my question comes from when reporting IFTA with Oregon traveled miles. When we travel there we call ODOT to purchase a temp. permit in advance every time we go. (I realize u can apply for an annual permit w a one time fee of $300.) Would those paid for miles be omitted from the quarterly IFTA as taxable miles in column 5? Are those Oregon traveling permits we get essentially the fuel trip permits since they don't charge retail tax? 1st year rookie-thank you :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.