Orientation at May Trucking

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by doubledog, Sep 10, 2007.

1. doubledog

doubledog Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Tigard, Oregon
    I am scheduled to go thru Orientation with May Trucking out of Brooks, Oregon tomorrow. Can anyone out there tell me what their procedure is and what to expect on the first day? Does it only last a couple of days and then get in a truck? What kind of trainers do they assign you and how long is it before they road test you for your own truck? Do they still have 70 mph trucks or have they been cut back to 65mph? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    :druid:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RBPC

RBPC Short & Sassy

Jun 20, 2007
    Where I Want To Be
    Trainer: Ask for Jason. My s/osaid that he is a good trainer. Sorry, don't know his last name. I believe he lives in CA.
    If you do well a couple weeks out & get a trainer that shares the driving & actually lets you learn to do things on your own during that time you will be told you can test, so the rest is up to you. If your confidence level isn't there, then you might want another week, which could turn out to be longer, because of the load etc... At least this is what information I took from my s/o as being correct.

I think they're governed at 67.

Good Luck!

4. doubledog

doubledog Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Tigard, Oregon
    Thank you for the info. I was scheduled to hook up with a truck coming out of Washington today with a driver named Brent. So far he hasn't given me a call so he must have ran into some delay's up north, that or the head recruiter of the mentor dept didn't relay my number to him. I'm so ready to jump in a truck. I need to get thru this training as quick as I can. My better half will be graduating from school in a couple of weeks and our plan is to team reefer. Need to get her making money with me instead of spending it in the video poker machines. :laughing5:

5. smay28

smay28 Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2007
    So. Cal.
    Ask trucker Steve.. He might have some info for you..

he can be found at truckersteve.com or he has some viddy's on youtube under the moniker of Whitelinefilms ..

6. B-rad

B-rad Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    DOUBLEDOG,

Any information on the May orientation?

7. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Get away from MAY Truck as soon as possible. Whay ever you do. Dont buy one of those warn out pieces of junk they call rebuilt. These guys are so cheap they reuse gaskets, rings and bearings....

They have a no idle policy that will take money right out of your wallet. Hope you like Denver, all roads at May lead to Denver, then Washington.

Payroll is very difficult ro follow you niver will know if you were paid correctly. If you make them replace tire on the road the will certainly take your safety bonus... They lie, They lie, and then they lie some more..

Run fast and hard....

8. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co

they are goverened at 65

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.