orientation expectations @Arrow

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by NGa mountain man, Jun 23, 2009.

1. NGa mountain man

NGa mountain man Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2009
    dahlonega ga
    I'm heading to Tulsa this weekend for Monday orientation,after a bad experience last week with a major carrier's orientation in Atlanta last week.
    Just a few questions;

1. How stringent is the DOT physical? Is it bad as TMC's?
    2. How are the trainers? Do you receive good training?

The major carrier in Atlanta seemed very disorganized before ,and during orientation,and it got worse when I was assigned a trainer.(just didn't have a good feeling,said thanks,but no thanks)

Landon is the student trainer at Arrow,and I have gotten more info from him than any 4 people at the other company.I know he is a recruiter,but I am alot more comfortable with him responing to questions etc.

Bottom line is I've gotta get experience somewhere,and flatbed seems alot less hassle than Haz-mat even if it means more physical work.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TNspeedy

TNspeedy Medium Load Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Greeneville,TN
    just wonderin how thangs are goin at arrow?

4. NGa mountain man

Jun 5, 2009
    dahlonega ga
    Finished orientation on 7-3-09,picked up by my trainer on 7-4.went to denver,boise,kennewick wa.,and finalled in portland.Took trailer to seattle,dropped,and picked up another one to get loadedin Wa. near portland,then finalled in Tx.He ended up with 5,300 miles plus the 25.00 a day trainer pay.
    Bottom line my trainer su#ked,I was nothing ,but miles to him,and he wouldnt let me do any backing for the 3 weeks I was with him,plus he had anger management problems. Boy was I glad to get out of that truck and test out.
    I got my first load on 7-31,leaving Tulsa going to W/S N.C.,then Siler City,and finalled in Leesburg Va. 1,500. for the next week plus stop pay.then sat at a rest area for 1.5 days,and D/H to Columbia S.C. for a load to Phoenix for Monday.
    That second week I brought home 1,200.
    Then ran out of Phx,to,Ash Fork,to Phx,to Albque,to Monte vista Co. to Tx,and Brownwood Tx.,to Port Arthur.
    All in all I didnt sit that much.I was out starting on my 9th week when they got me a load toS.C. then D.H. home for a week.
    Everything was o.k. until I took time off,and didn't get a check for two weeks.
    I will finish up this week with 2,300 miles,1 extra stop,and 1 tarp pay.
    We will see what next week brings.

Big Duker Thanks this.
  5. Papa JACK

Papa JACK Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Bunker Hill, WV
    To any one thinking about working for arrow, stay far away. Orientation sucked. Crappy equipment. If truck breaks down, plan on being there at least a week or two sometimes longer. Takes a week for truck to be worked one then another week to pay the bill if on the road. You get a hard time about getting a hotel and cash advances. If you do work for them its all good at first. Then after a while you do way more sittin than runnin. Cash advances were reduced to $75 before I left. Will ruin your DAC too after quittin. Wanted run, never got um. They have drivers quit right and left even abandoning equipment to get away.:biggrin_25513:

6. SCAMP

SCAMP Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2007
    on the pot
    You probably have to put in some time to get treated well, thats how it is at USA truck, I didn't work there but the ex wife did, IMO most newbies at Arrow couldn't chain up a dog much less a load, bunch of incompetent f<cks, I am terrified to pass an Arrow with a load of pipe, much like most of the tired dirt bags on here...incompetent, pieces of #####, that don't know their @sses from a hole in the ground...bunch of stupid n!ggers!!

SCAMP

7. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

<gasp, pant>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!

:biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559:

It's like the minute his finger came off the keys from hitting the "Submit Reply" button, he instantly entered the "Banned" zone!!!

BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

8. Jarhed1964

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC

[​IMG]

9. Jarhed1964

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC

:biggrin_2559:

[​IMG]

10. brandond

brandond Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Bounce between TX and OK
    Arrow does suck. I worked there a month, was running "regional" more like local. Not making didley squat. They had the nerve to send me a bill saying i owed them 200 for missing logs. I was like ha, get real. You deal with it. Asked you gonna pay me 200 for sendin em in? they said no, i said well tough titty. Loads were scarce. Many drivers told me I was lucky for getting 7 loads in one month. Some even got t-totally pissed. Arrow is a bad company, stay away. They also want YOU to buy v-boards that they dont even tell you that you need for a load of landscap rocks and stuff. I told them to cram it and took their truck back. Unless you like sitting, stinking (cant afford to shower), and losing weight like you are a pill popping meth addict (you will lose loads of weight), ummm, hearing your wife calling you being in the middle of telling you the light company turned the lights off, and hearing the words light co, and your cell phone getting shut off right then, or "we dont have any loads right now, wait out in the yard". If you like all that then go with them. Chances are though, you wont like it. Hopefully they will give you least one load a week. Might be small, but hey, take what ya can.

11. NGa mountain man

Jun 5, 2009
    dahlonega ga
    1,300 miles last week,final in Tulsa,walk around,and sittin at shop since Friday.
    Starving to death!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.