Orientation in Missoula Starting 9/16/13

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by WA_Slim, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Way to go, Mr Jay!!!!

Mr. Jay Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WA_Slim

WA_Slim Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Bellingham, WA
    Yep, way to go Mr. Jay on your road test. I take all three tests (pre-trip, skills/backing, and road test) this Tuesday (9/10/13). Can't wait to get that over! :biggrin_25525:

Mr. Jay Thanks this.
  4. DockJock

DockJock Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2008
    seattle,wa
    How is Biddix truck driving school? that is close to my home and am thinking of going there. What is the cost for a CDL A?

5. Ddewsbury

Ddewsbury Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2013
    San Diego, ca
    I strongly recommend that you contact possible trucking companies and ask what schools in your area they prefer. It will help you on the employment end.

6. WA_Slim

WA_Slim Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Bellingham, WA
    Biddix is an approved/preferred Watkins & Shepard school and is very good in my personal and recent experience.

From the GM Joe Hardy, to the Administrator (Katie), to the Class A trainers (Daryl and Dale), even the Class B trainer - Adam, the experience has been 1st rate.

The curriculum is spot on. The first week we learned the stuff to pass our permit exams - I passed General Knowledge, Air Brakes, Combination vehicles, Doubles/Triples, Tankers, and Hazmat. All six of us in the current Class A offering passed the written exams. Next, we started driving and have learned how to shift gears (double clutching); how to do the pre-trip inspection; do straight, offset, and 90 degree backing; and have learned how to drive on the road. All these things are major hurdles to becoming a Class A driver as well as passing the Class A Road Test. Daryl and Dale are patient teachers and don't yell or get intense on you or any negatively motivating things like that. I can honestly say that the experience has been AWESOME so far.

The cost is about $4,200 for the class and all the DOT related fees. Call Katie and she can discuss the numerous financing options with you. And, no....I'm not being compensated in any way for this testimonial. It's just the truth! Good luck to any and all who are pursuing this path!

OBTW: You can find Biddix online at www.biddixco.com

7. Mr. Jay

Mr. Jay Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I'm sure you'll do fine. At least half of my class made it through on the first try. Just study your pre-trip!

WA_Slim Thanks this.
  8. WA_Slim

WA_Slim Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Bellingham, WA
    I should also add, I know Biddix is on Schneider's "approved/preferred" list because I was considering going to Schneider and got that directly from their NW region recruiter. Also...during class at Biddix, we had presentations from both Werner and Swift who are both frothing at the mouth to get applications from Biddix grads. I'm not considering either Werner or Swift but the fact that both of these major "training" carriers consider Biddix as fertile recruiting ground should tell you something!

9. WA_Slim

WA_Slim Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Bellingham, WA
    Note: This was meant for Mr. Jay but must have pressed the wrong button or something as it wasn't shown as a direct response his post.

I'm definitely studying the pre-trip hard. Not just to pass the test but to also be able to do an awesome pre and post trip while actually out on the road! Thanks for your positive vibes.

10. Ddewsbury

Ddewsbury Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2013
    San Diego, ca
    Anyone here going to orientation in Missoula on the 23rd?

Dewsy

11. sherlock510

sherlock510 Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Intercontinental.
    good luck with everything man.

i havent been to Missoula since May :/

WA_Slim Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.