Orientation Schneider

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dragonheart, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Dragonheart

Dragonheart Light Load Member

Aug 24, 2018
    I will be starting orientation next week for experienced driver. I have two and a half months experience in a day cab. I’m not worried about the drug test or physical. What happens if I fail the driving test or they tell me I need more training?
    Will they send me home or will they put me with a trainer?
    I hear people get sent home and I really don’t want to be one of those people. I’m willing to learn and listen

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tolmie

Tolmie Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Don’t worry, it’s Schneider. You will be sent to OTR without any problem.

Dragonheart and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  4. Dragonheart

Dragonheart Light Load Member

Aug 24, 2018
    I was told I’m getting regional position.

5. Tolmie

Tolmie Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Depends on how you do with your backing. If it’s not great, OTR you will go. It could be regional OTR... ask your recruiter.

6. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    In the end I don't think it really matters. I suspect you are going to be placed with a trainer regardless. I would not worry about it!

Dragonheart Thanks this.
  7. Av8torcrj

Av8torcrj Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2015
    The key words in your original post is your positive attitude and expressed willingness to listen and learn. SNI will see to it that you’re road ready. It’s a solid place despite all the passive aggressive, sarcastic bitterness of the haters on here who will attempt to diminish your new found employer. Best of luck.

Bluedew Thanks this.
  8. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I hope that remark was not directed to me. I did not say anything bad about Schneider. I simply stated that they are not going to give a truck to someone with under 2 months experience. Not many carriers that will either. Just for the record I have advised maybe 20 drivers to give Schneider a call. They have some great opportunities. Oh BTW shhhhh don't say this out loud! So does Swift!

Bluedew Thanks this.
  9. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    My experience with Schneider was a few years ago, but some of the guys coming though only had to go with a trainer for a a week. Literally a route out from Dallas, up to Missouri, back to La for Paper, then back to DFW.
    When people failed the road test(speeding was an automatic fail), they just had to retest with the next group.(few days later if were the Monday group, following week if you were in the Tuesday group)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  10. Av8torcrj

Av8torcrj Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2015
    If you’re really concerned about it just tell your recruiter you’d prefer the full new grad orientation. That’s what I did with 8 months experience since I’d been out from behind the wheel for around a year. 2.5 months is really only enough experience where you’re not crapping your pants every time you turn the key IMHO.

Bluedew Thanks this.
  11. Old-school trucker

Old-school trucker Light Load Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Mississippi
    You should be fine. I worked there when they were still using cabovers. I only trained for two weeks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.