Out of their friken minds I tell Ya

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Ryan S2016, May 10, 2017.

1. Ryan S2016

Ryan S2016 Medium Load Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Western North Carolina
    Hey guys, so today I pull into a dealer (name witheld due to contract agreement) which is crap but they seem to feel a lot of people are posting negative comments about them, anyway, I go into to the inventory department to let them know I'm here for my units, and the guy there says "wow about time this unit is being moved, it's only been ready since the 27th" I looked at him and said "hey pal I just got a call requesting this load be picked up today so don't give me any #### " What he said completely blew my mind, " All you transporters are alike you let units sit here for days and days until were forced to raise the rate instead of doing your job to make the customer happy" WHAT !!! Are you effin kidding me man.
    First off my job is not to make YOUR customer happy, they ain't buying this car from me. Secondly as for why they sit has to do not only with the crap rates you expect us to accept but not all these locations are in commonly traveled lanes. I'm not gonna take two units from SC to KY for $176.00 per unit, there is absolutely no profit in that, and anyone that does is only doing it to fill their trailer if they have 6 or better to haul. 2 and 3 car haulers contrary to belief don't make nearly enough to justify 600 + miles for $352.00 So yeah your dam right were gonna sit on them and wait and see if they go up. The nerve of this idiot who thinks because he works at a large dealer that he knows the first thing about the transport industry. Stick to washing cars you pathetic snowflake.
    Ok there's my rant for the day. I know I'll get some flak for posting this because a ,lot of people have said there's no money in cars right now. As of this week I am applying to DOT for my freight authority to be added and considering a new trailer, this is getting annoying. I am not hurting by any means but rather getting sick of this attitude like I am supposed to bow down to these dealers and brokers when I'm in the biz of making a profit too.

Ok guys have a great day. Heading to Lousiville so see y'all when I get back.

LGarrison and passingthru69 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    So why are you moving cars for no profit?

Ryan S2016 Thanks this.
  4. Ryan S2016

Ryan S2016 Medium Load Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Western North Carolina
    I am not moving them for the price indicated there I am moving them for a lot more than that. There is a profit in cars if you plan it out and create a logisitcs plan that keeps the truck moving and little to no dead head, I just think the rates now are becomming stagnent and I do not believe without some direct clients it's gonna be a struggle to keep the profit going. Wouldn't you say?

5. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    Ok. Good. Thanks for the clarification.

Ryan S2016 Thanks this.
  6. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

If the customer wants it that bad, have them come get it...

Lite bug Thanks this.
  7. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    You can get one that can do both.

8. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    I'd give them a simple math lesson in what it would cost them to drive six hundred miles, get a hotel, and rent a car to come back. Then tell them they can drive it themselves, get bent, etc.

Ryan S2016 Thanks this.
  9. BigTennOTR

BigTennOTR Medium Load Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Tenn
    This guy said snow flakeeeee lol

10. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    Well Ryan it looks like it happened to you and in a relatively short time I would say.
    You have become one of us hardened car haulers lol.
    Remember when those guys over in the car haul forum were being such a pain in the ### ?
    Well this is the night mare back story from which we all have gone thru.
    It sure can give you a bad attitude quickly.

brian991219 and Ryan S2016 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.