Over The Road Repair Shop Guide

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Cybergal, Sep 20, 2006.

1. markster57

markster57 Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Nampa ,id
    i have been to many volvo shops on the west coast and the best on was in boise,idaho

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dieseldiesel

dieseldiesel Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Utah
    Performance Diesel in St. George, UT

4. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

Is this the shop beside the J?

5. Wings2Wheels

Wings2Wheels Medium Load Member

May 3, 2008
    Eastern PA
    T & C Truck Repair near Allentown, PA. They service parts of New Jersey, too, mostly north and central.
    Bottom line - the owner, Troy, bailed me out of a hard spot. Didn't overcharge - matter of fact, for what he did, he charged too little, considering the time he spent and what he quoted me per hour on the phone.
    This is the kind of place it is getting harder and harder to find anymore. Honesty, integrity, outstanding work ethic, and quality are what they are all about.

I bring my rig to him for even minor maintenance now, since I don't have a good place to do it myself. I know it's going to be done right, with quality materials/parts and workmanship. HIGHLY recommended. PM me if you need more info/details.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2009
  6. 1989 Pete

1989 Pete "Pine Tree Eater"

If you are ever in Atlanta stop at MSi these guys service all of Morgan southern trucks and they do excellent work they only charge 50 dollars an hour.

7. nitestick

nitestick Bobtail Member

May 26, 2009
    how about good shops and bad(rip off)shop reports getting a site on here for all o/o to see so they will know before the get dry loved...lol..that hurts!!!

8. topideas

topideas Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Any idea of a small business shop I can call in McDonough, Ga to replace a starter for me. This is just south of Atlanta on I-75.

9. Tired old trucker

Tired old trucker Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Salem, MO
    I must also respectfully disagree with Turbo Trucker, T/A is way over rated, and overpriced, they are handy for such as tire repairs, jump starts and such things, but very often they are extremely limited on experienced technicians, and quite often on technicians in general. Their warranty: good luck! the way that seems to work is if you happen to be at the service center that done the work you may be able to get the work redone, but if you go to another service center, they can get you in for the redo in 2-3 days generally.

10. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    As far as I'm concerned chain truck stops are good for tires lights on the trailer and fan belts. Any thing else is a going into a dealer, engine or o/o shop. I'm sorry but after 30 some odd years all a truck stop is good for is what I mentioned! They don't do engines and actually I'll do my own electric work! I've put to much time into a truck stop only to get down the road and oops have to stop at the next chain to get their work fixed!

And as posted way back towards the front if you are ahead of the game with a laptop in the truck NTTSBreakdown dot com is how to find ANY kind of truck repair! Truck stops to me are only good for fuel, food, showers and tire repairs! Sometimes the food and showers are a little lacking too!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  11. elliott

elliott Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Mel's Repair
    Fort Morgan, CO
    (970) 867-9746‎

He's down a residential street and has junk laying around everywhere in the front yard, but don't let the looks of the place deceive you. It's easy to get in and out, and Mel and his assistant are very, very good.

I give them a nine out of ten rating.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.