OVER THE ROAD TRUCK DRIVER-Romerica Express LLC

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by tadpolly1966, May 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    What kind of trucks do you use. What year and what are they governed at?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tadpolly1966

tadpolly1966 Light Load Member

Aug 29, 2017
    Volvo 780's. I-shift transmissions. O/O specs. 70MPH. Nothing older than 2015. Nothing over 375K miles.

4. Joeziah

Joeziah Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2016
    I've worked for Romerica Express for almost 8 months, in that time I have averaged about .85 cents a mile. We do short stuff and the pay averages out pretty high. I've never fell below the minimum but had plenty of $2000 weeks with my average gross being around $1600 per week.

The owner is a good person, hes also a driver who actually gets out and runs loads occasionally. He knows what we put up with out here and has been in my corner plenty of times with customers and brokers.

Whomever he hires will probably get the truck I drive now, its a 2015 VNL 780 and its been very reliable, he takes care of his equipment and maintains it, some of the best trucks you can be in out here OTR.

The owner of the company has helped me learn this business and is now helping me become a successful owner operator, that's the kind of guy he is. This is the ethic he brings to this business.

The dispatchers are great and very easy to work with, we send all our bills electronically (I recommend a scanner)

The other owner operators and company drivers are also friendly and always willing to give you some great advice.

We don't leave a trailer damaged or with problems for the next guy to pick up, we get out there and get it fixed.

We don't pass our problems onto the driver who does the next drop and hook.

Be smart, think ahead and drive safely and you will be successful at this company.

5. the white knight

the white knight Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2017
    Northeast? I live in Mass. I can stay out for 3/4 weeks if the money/equipment is there.

6. tadpolly1966

Aug 29, 2017
    Mass is not a problem. We would run you out of there and you would be spending your driving time in the Midwest. Jennie can give you all the details if you're interested. 440-309-9907

7. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Approximately what percent of your runs are in the midwest? I have been thinking about a change and live in Indy. Honestly I wouldn't want much east coast.

8. tadpolly1966

Aug 29, 2017
    We don't do East Coast, unless you consider NC, SC, WV, VA East Coast. Or if we had someone that lived there like above poster and had to put them at the house. To me, East Coast is MA, RI, CT, NYC, etc. We get over into PA and upstate NY just a few times a year. I haven't sent a truck East of Rochester in years.

9. the white knight

the white knight Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2017
    Idel or APU? I understand OTR very well. 1250.00 weekly minimum on 2200 miles. What’s the CPM? How can you make more than 1250?
    Where can you fuel, Loves? I’m the type that will stay out for weeks with 15 yrs experience. Can I bring truck hm for 2/3 days on time off? Are you micromanaged. I have always worked for the smaller companies and rather not go to a mega. Thank you in advance.

10. tadpolly1966

Aug 29, 2017
    Idle in summer. Webasto in winter. .50CPM base. You make 5 deliveries Mon-Fri you at the $1250 minimum. You make more by running more freight and different types of freight. Some loads are more lucrative than others. Basically the more I make the more you make. I'm not greedy, I don't want it all. At times I have guys running 100 miles for $250. Let me know when you find another carrier paying like that for dry box loads. Seasonality is a big factor. Pilot/Flying J for fuel as they have given us the best fuel discounts. Take the truck home. We do not micromanage, but if you cannot communicate clearly and effectively, or do not desire to, this isn't for you. If we call you, it's not to talk about the latest sports score, we have a reason and a need to discuss something with you. If there's a problem with the truck/trailer we need to know when it occurs, not weeks/months later. Lone wolf type of drivers don't do well here. But team players excel because we are small enough that everything each one of does affects everyone in the company. Romerica is who it is because of teamwork from everyone, drivers, managers, O/O as well. Hope this answers your questions.

11. McCauley

McCauley Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2013
    My girlfriend lives on the road with me (which actually works great because we don't need to take a lot of home time!) and we have a cat. Would you allow a passenger and a pet?

Do you factor any non taxable per diem into the pay?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.