Overpriced Food

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Midwesterner_22, Jun 4, 2022.

1. goga

goga Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2021
    Earth..
    Once in a while I'd get couple of hot dogs from QT, not because of a hot dog itself, but because I can put it "as a cherry" on top of fresh cut salsa, onion, jalapeno mixed "salad" I create "under the dog" from fresh add-ons they have, which is barely squeezed into the hot dog box they have. Always wondering/angry cashier's looks when I put it on the desk while paying for them.. both)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. VA CDL Holder

VA CDL Holder Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2011
    It should be understood that all prepackaged food will have something in it that is not in your best interest. The goal is to minimize it. I’ll take the prepackaged Walmart eggs over a few roller dogs any day. I eat as healthy and clean as I can on the road. The last 3 nights I’ve had to park away from facilities, good thing my fridge was stocked with hard boiled eggs from Walmart.

Also, when no toilet is available, I’ve found that hiking down a rocky embankment with big rocks in place, a drainage ditch, is a good place for a dump. You can use a rock as a toilet seat!

goga Thanks this.
  4. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    It was a lot better and healthier back before they started the Dolphin free nonsense!:eek:

GYPSY65 Thanks this.
  5. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    You guys should try driving cross country in a day cab.
    I’m not kidding when I say you learn where the good Mexican food trucks are and the mom and pop diners are located.

GYPSY65 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.