overtime

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by REALITY098765, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    The Bureau of Labor list Truck Drivers as Semi - Skilled

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Plantfoam

Plantfoam Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2015
    DFW
    5b77ba5dc0c5f6ce9ea74d3529395444.png

Pamela1990, tscottme and Dennixx Thank this.
  4. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

My comment about OT pay leading to MORE pressure on drivers came from the people defending the law back when it was passed.

5. tscottme

Listing Truck Driver as semi-skilled has no impact on driver pay, unless one can prove one's boss or customers consult the BoL list. If the BoL listed Truck Driver as Professional it would not raise pay for a driver. The Truckin Bozo used to make that argument frequently on his radio show. The BoL does not determine anyone's pay. If they did you would see companies or trade asociations like ATA lobbying to manipulate BoL job classifications.

6. tscottme

Legally speaking the majority of sitting around at customers should be On-Duty. It's just that everyone pretends it's not so we/they can preserve HOS. We are not sitting at a dock door in a city you've never heard of because we are on vacation. It's job-related. The boss and customer expect us to move ASAP.

7. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    It would certainly make the roads safer.

There is something about "racing the clock" in a 65 top speed truck that screws with people's heads.

Safety should be the priority. Any company that doesn't pay by the hour and shoves the word safety is a hypocrite.

Maybe some of those people would get out of my way with the turtle races. #######es...

8. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Is that a Spanish word that starts with the letter c?

9. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Would you rather get paid $20 an hour with overtime or $25 an hour straight time on an 60 hour average week?

10. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    You'd still be racing the clock - had I gotten done with my last load 15 minutes earlier last night I could have gotten another load in that would have been another 3 hours of pay.

11. Bret1984

Bret1984 Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2020
    Fort Worth, TX
    Oh okay, fair enough. I thought that was actually your thoughts. I didn't realize that you were sharing the old opposition opinion.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.