overweight on a straight truck any ideas?

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by bigredsterling, May 25, 2010.

1. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    What is it? A Petty boom? It's hard without pics. If it's what I think and you have the bed space, you could load it with the boom forward.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigredsterling

bigredsterling Bobtail Member

May 25, 2010
    Fargo,ND
    the problem is the deck isnt long enough to haul it boom foward and then all the weight is behind the drive axles....still workin on pics. the pieceim hauling is a JLG 600s boom lift. the axle tag said 13400 lbs on it for weight. its a meitor front axle. the bottom line in my opinion is the company needs to quit wasting time and money on the toy trucks and just break down and buy a semi and beavertail trailer like every other company in similar bussiness do. they tried to do too much with too little of a truck

4. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    Heh, thought so. Easy to haul on a flatbed and a ##### to haul on a rollback. They need some day cabs with Landolls.

5. bigredsterling

May 25, 2010
    Fargo,ND
    the other stores use day cabs and Terex beavertails... ogh well they are paying a ton of money to get our bigger stuff custom hauled instead for now

6. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    I get the picture now. You have the wrong equipment for the job.

7. bigredsterling

May 25, 2010
    Fargo,ND
    absolutly.. company put a ton of money into these 2 roll back trucks and lost a ton on them..oh well i guess not my money!

8. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    They don't have to lose money on them. There's plenty of money to be made if they just use them properly. Those trucks hold their value too. They could just sell them and buy what they need without losing much at all. Considering the profit they've already made with them, they'd probably come out ahead.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.