Overweight ticket! Restricted street.

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Rojazmorillo, May 20, 2021.

1. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Well you not essential, sorry this isn’t last year.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. slow.rider

slow.rider Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    The reason local cops care about local roads is because some roads can handle more weight than others. If it's a residential neighborhood then it could well have stuff like gas lines underneath it they have to deal with when rebuilding the street, plus there's typically kids running around from between parked cars, etc.

It sounds like a situation where 95% of the heavy truck traffic on that road is from drivers taking the same wrong turn while trying to get to the same Amazon. If it was your town, and your taxes were paying for that road to get rebuilt every two years when it should last a decade, you'd probably want somebody to do something about it too. Like make the tickets pay for the road repair so you and your neighbors don't have to.

Last edited: May 21, 2021
  4. Rojazmorillo

Rojazmorillo Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2018
    Yes you’re right i understand

5. peterd

peterd Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2012
    St.Catharines ON
    It is a really easy place to deliver. I 81, Exit 44. left at lights. 2 miles on the left side. Don't have to go on any restricted streets. Been there many times.Allen road is a main truck route.

6. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    That very well could be.... and if so JMO .. but then maybe the city should post better signage saying it is not a truck route..if it such a issue... Or maybe they enjoy the fact its a cash cow for them and they like to milk the cow and don't seem concerned with road repair costs..
    Either way.. thats a huge fine and my view from the post about the cop's statement ....IF YOU PLEAD GUILTY ITS ONLY 5,000 is not very impressive to me in other words I take it as.. if you go to court and try to fight it and loose ..its 10k....but if you bow down and kiss my behide your reward is its only 5k...
    I know its just me ... but it would make me fighting mad even though I knew I was in the wrong

7. Rojazmorillo

Aug 20, 2018
    I been there many times as well, i took exit 45 by mistake and got lost.

8. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    I would call local LGBTQ and tell them I was saving money for gender change surgery but cop kills my dream. Need lawyer for court.
    I bet judge will pay you 10,000 just to get you out.

9. Rojazmorillo

Aug 20, 2018
    Hahahahaha

10. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

There is a couple counties around me that the S/O has portables, and Toledo Ohio city cops have portables. They are some real bad mofos. Ill take my chance with state patrol over them.

Coffey Thanks this.
  11. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    Some humor of course but I was driving thru this area today and everywhere signs for judges election. Use this situation. Poor driver will lost house, homeless family, kids on the street because simple mistake and no way to fix it. Ask the judge for max forgivness due to................

jamespmack Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.