Overweight ticket! Restricted street.

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Rojazmorillo, May 20, 2021.

1. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Well, he could have stopped and called for police help before he went down restricted roads. (If he even did, I'm not so sure he was on the restricted section)
    His decision to keep going was his decision and no one else's. Hopefully next time he gets lost, instead of tearing up infrastructure he will pull over and get help from the local police.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    As always you posting BS. Roads designed to hold emergency vehicles. Fire truck weight is in 38,000 ish. Cars parked along many truck routes in America, for kids playing we have speed limit signs.

americantrucker89 and Mototom Thank this.
  4. slow.rider

slow.rider Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    They technically don't have to post any signs. You're supposed to know the limits before you show up.

5. slow.rider

slow.rider Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    Pure nonsense. One fire truck per year does a heck of a lot less damage than ten amazon semis per day.

wis bang Thanks this.
  6. Snailexpress

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    I agree and have done that before but yesterday got lost in Allentown, PA. Came to the bridge posted 12'10 or so on one lane road in the morning commute time. No any shoulder to pull over. My bacon was saved by the driver who was behind me and stopped on the distance enough for my maneuvering to turn around.

Coffey, Rojazmorillo and ZVar Thank this.
  7. Rojazmorillo

Rojazmorillo Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2018
    I know i will thank you. Yes i was on the restricted section i admit it was my fault

8. Rojazmorillo

Rojazmorillo Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2018
    If you look at the ticket officer wrote down that i was a black person. He assumed i was black which im not. Do you think i could win with this arguement? Haha

Coffey and Snailexpress Thank this.
  9. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    ^^^^^ It's worth a shot .. alittle shoe polish and a BLM shirt it might work

10. Snailexpress

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    Good question. The ticket fine is steep I would use any chance to dismiss or lessen.

Coffey Thanks this.
  11. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    Wrong. There are streets that can not handle the weight. Fire trucks have to use other routes, run smaller trucks. This is why some fire company’s have medium and light duty trucks.

they can’t always bury the sewer, water, gas lines that deep enough.

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.