Owner OP LCV rates

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by BigHossVolvo, Apr 11, 2021.

1. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Hey Guys,

So just in negotiations for a new LCV position, and I wanted to make sure I have all the facts.

So just curious if anyone knows the LCV rates and deductions from all the big companies doing pikes in the prairies? (IE Bison, TransX, Arnold Bro's, Day and Ross, Transforce, etc etc etc).

Would really appreciate the help, this could be the job i've been waiting for since I got my class 1; if the money is right.

Cheers

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Western fleet owner

Western fleet owner Light Load Member

Dec 10, 2020
    1.34 a mile for bison transport and Kindersely transport. Just stay away from Kindersley, nothings good their. Challenger pays a 1.33. The only pike trucks I have are with bison. The other companies I’m leased with , won’t even let me get those runs. Theirs no way your getting those bison pike runs , good luck Their s a 5 percent chance you get hired as an lcv owner operator at bison.

4. BigHossVolvo

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    I'm banned from Bison for life anyway, so no issue there. Appreciate the info, 1.34/mi + FSC which is around 0.465/mi right now?

I'm going back to the first LTL company I was leased onto, before I went ABL. They have LCV now, and I'm gonna be one on of the first guys doing it for them.

5. liner

liner Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2008
    ontario
    Do guys actually pull LCV's for $1.34 cpm? Your kidding right? If not that is really sad!

6. BigHossVolvo

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Sadly, that's the price you pay, to be close to home in Canada these days. Its almost as bad as the $34/hr city O/O's running on barrowed time.

Flint1 Thanks this.
  7. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    $34/hour should be company wages IMO.

8. liner

liner Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2008
    ontario
    I guess as long as guys keep lining up to work for those rates nothing will change. Sad.

9. BigHossVolvo

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    These are also the half decent companies, lets not even talk about CPX/DevaJatt/Rig Logistics/Lightspeed etc etc. I've heard rumors its 1.10/mi for LCV and 0.95/mi for US OTR. I Think the record holder tho is people express, 0.87c/mi for O/O's US OTR Reefer.

10. Western fleet owner

Western fleet owner Light Load Member

Dec 10, 2020
    In my opinion. Pike rates should be atleast above 1.40 a mile. That’s a reasonable rate.

11. liner

liner Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2008
    ontario
    That's a terrible rate.Most decent Ontario carriers pay more than that to pull one trailer, not 2 !

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.