Owner Operator

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Terry.B, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Terry.B

Terry.B Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Jacksonville,Fl
    Alright guys having been looking to buy my own truck and was in dire need of great owner operator companies. I know the main one's like landstar, Mercer, Travel loko and few others but would love hear from as many as I can as possible before I a choose a company. I have read the horror stories and the great ones from each I've stated so far. Been driving for two years but been around trucking all my life so I'm still wet behind the ears but I know enough about the trucking to be responsible and make sound decisions.

Thanks in advance to replies!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  4. Terry.B

Terry.B Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Jacksonville,Fl
    Is this company strictly flatbed and if so would I have to provide my own gear?

5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I think it's all flatbed. I was a company driver for another company and we hauled some of their loads when they didn't have enough 0/0's available. All the 0/0's' at that time, plus the company I drove for, were busy hauling military loads from Ft. Lewis,WA to Wilmington,NC.
    They do a lot of that when military units deploy to overseas locations.

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Trailer Transit is power only. Interesting website.
    • 1130 East U.S. 20 Porter, IN 46304
    • If you’re an experienced owner operator looking for a great driving opportunity,
      Trailer Transit is where you should be driving. Join our growing team of driving professionals
      providing towaway transportation solutions for a variety of industries from coast to coast and Canada!
    • [​IMG]

7. Terry.B

Terry.B Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Jacksonville,Fl
    Thanks I'll look into them

8. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Generally speaking if your looking into owner operator only companies you should be expecting to have and provide all of your own equipment. No more hand holding so to speak like you would receive on the company driver side of trucking.

9. Terry.B

Terry.B Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Jacksonville,Fl
    Generally speaking you are correct and neither do I expect any hand holding but wouldn't hurt to know to if a company will help get the equipment and just take it from your weekly settlements. I believe Mercer does that for their flat divsion if I'm not wrong.

stillwurkin Thanks this.
  10. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    I wasnt directing the hand holding towards you directly was just pointing that out. I'm leased onto Mercer, what ever equipment you buy from them you have to pay half for up front.

11. Terry.B

Terry.B Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Jacksonville,Fl
    No harm no file. How has your experience been with Mercer so far? They have been on my radar for quite sometime. I personally Miss the skate board lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.