Ox body problems

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Working Class Patriot, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    This is for Dump Truck Owners and Drivers

But anyone else with knowldge can add their Two cents too:biggrin_25517:

I have a 2004 Ox body Stampede box. The first time I hauled asphalt and ditch-gated the load, the pins slipped over the locks causing an embarrassing situation at the least and could have caused a very hazardous situation where someone may have gotten hurt/burned badly. The problem is that most boxes with a high-lift gate open up and out, and Ox bodies decided to put the locks under
    the pins.
    I called up their customer service and although helpful could not solve the problem. They insisted that I had the gate locks/swing arms out of adjustment. I told them that it was brand new. I had the truck built for me and the guy who built it said it was out of his hands.
    The fix was an idea that I had to put detachable pins through the apron into the tail gate with liners and clevis pins. My shop made the pins from fifth wheel locking pins and now the gate stays closed even when the asphalt sits and cools.
    Has anyone else had an experience with OX Bodies similar to mine?

IMHO the best dump bodies are manufactured by either Paramount or Scelzi Equipment. A buddy of mine has his original dump body made from Paramount when he started in '78. That body has out lasted four rigs so far is still working on the fifth.

Also does anyone own a Ranco low-side trailer? I had mine for about 6 mos. No problems at all:biggrin_25517:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.