P&S Transportation/National Strategic

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Gunner75, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    I'll say it was half assed attempt at detail. I thought about posting a picture of the plans costs and coverages

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    well orientation is over for me. I'm flying out in the am to go to our terminal over in Virginia to get my truck. from there they will get me routed for the house. I am getting a $2000 sign on bonus, the first pay out is $1000 along with me $500 orientation pay, rest is paid at 90, and then 120 days. overall, I like what I hear, the drawbacks are the hobos speed of 62mph,and the drive cam . I had to deal with both of these issues at tmc, so I'm not too annoyed by it.

4. Zander

Zander Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2015
    What are the pay rates for driving a slow truck

5. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    27%. but if the rates they have a decent, then being at 27% isn't an issue. I'm here because I'm tired of the ########, but their insurance coverages are pretty #### good compared to others

6. Zander

Zander Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Well I hope it works out for you..

7. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Will I'm back home. They flew me to emporia VA to get my truck on Thursday. A 2015 cascadia. Definitely not the dream truck I wanted. But it's a full size 72 inch single bunk mid roof governed for 65 not the original 62 that I had thought. they didn't have a trailer for me to take so I had to go down to Norfolk to the us gypsum plant and get an empty there. From there they sent me back the opposite direction to crystal hill/Halifax VA to get my first load. A load of plywood from JM Huber going to Saginaw Michigan. Here for my 34 and to get my gear. The truck isn't as bad as I had thought, the adaptive cruise that's getting used to, and meritor has come a long way since the first ones I encountered with tmc. These no longer see bridge overpasses as a vehicle like they did on the tmc trucks. This is my first time driving a cascadia with a Detroit. So I'm still getting used to floating gears with it.

8. d_bassguy79

d_bassguy79 Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2014
    Hey gunner, I filled out an application and talked to a recruiter today. How'severything going for u so far?

9. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    So far not bad. Been running hard, had a few issues with getting loads of of Colorado, but I'm told that it was because that weekend that I went in, Colorado had received a #### load of trucks and that it made outbound freight going east slow. Other than that, it's been good. My dispatchers, Chad and Bennett, despite being obvious millennials aren't bad guys. They aren't calling me all the tying asking stupid questions, or bothering me with updates. They giver me my load options and then basically leave me be. I run the route I want, idle however much I want, nobody bothered me once.

d_bassguy79 Thanks this.
  10. d_bassguy79

d_bassguy79 Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2014
    Sounds good. Have they been getting u home on the weekends pretty good. Also do u remember what cost of the health insurance premium for a family? Thx

11. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    I run 2 weeks at a time, but they can get you home pretty consistently weekly.

For health insurance, they got the whole shebang. 2 health options, dental, vision, accidental death, sure term, long term, major disease coverage, and a company paid $10,000 policy that you can bump up to a max $150k.

I got the best health plan, dental vision, accidental, long term and short term, $100k on me $10k on my wife and each kid. Supposedly when it all kicks in, it's gonna run me about $140 a week. The health plan is a $500 per person/$1500 max family deductible

d_bassguy79 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.