PA closing for impending storm? No truck travel.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by me myself and I, Jan 18, 2019.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Yes, I remember. I just could not bring myself to call them mountains after filling my mind with the splendor of the west. However, yes there are two more mountains to get through east of there. It goes to show that I have been away too long. I'll be returning to that area before too long in the future. Just don't know when yet for a visit.

austinmike Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Ran out to Lowe’s to grab a few things. I live in Washington PA. The north junction of 79 from 70 east is my backyard. The on-ramp to be exact. It was weird not seeing or hearing any trucks. I sat by the interstate and only saw 2. It’s 38 degrees and still raining. Started at 2 PM.

gokiddogo Thanks this.
  4. s0231198

s0231198 Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Was just thinking, since trucks seem to always be the main cause of all the accidents on the interstates, there shouldn't be an accident at all in PA, or NY this weekend!!

SteerTire Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Not necessarily.

Cars are three quarters of the causes against big trucks and buses. If something needed blaming for trouble 3 of 4 times the car caused it. Physics settle the rest.

Now I did develop a theory that today's trucks are no good in any kind of snow. It's disgusting to me to see big rigs spin out in a few inches of a little snow on a clear day. Compared to the rigs and weather we have been through in our time long ago.

6. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    we have elogs, collision mitigation systems, cameras and with Werner hiring such quality drivers im not sure how there could be truck accidents anymore. lol

SteerTire Thanks this.
  7. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Maybe you should blame the tires instead of the trucks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.