PA Enforcing Restrictions Again

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by mjd4277, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The Commonwealth should itself be banned for displaying a inability combined with incompetence to handle winter storms like everyone else. Particularly Wyoming.

KB3MMX and Rocks Thank this.
  3. Pumpkin Oval Head

Pumpkin Oval Head Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Scranton PA

Saw on the local tv news a driver from cali got a $417 fine in PA for failure to comply with the ban. He said it was “not fair, and he was from california”. He had an accent I did not recognize.

Two of the drivers interviewed were from Ontario, and were headed south through PA. One driver said he was happy his dispatcher told him to sit it out and not try to go on two lane roads.

PennDOT has gotten burned in the past when large storms have resulted in large accidents on the interstates, and truck traffic is very heavy in n.e. PA. So their strategy now is to ban trucks during large snowstorm events.

4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    If the crews are well staffed and determined, they can clear a lot of road once the snowfall stops IF they can get most of the traffic off the roads to not complicate their efforts. Banning trucks easily gets the vast majority of traffic off of the major interstate corridors making their work MUCH easier. I'm not sure how I feel about it, but I understand their thinking.

5. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Was it this driver? I know you dont know, but quite a coincidence.

Travel ban ticket in Pa

6. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Revenue revenue and more revenue is what the scum Governor Wolf is most interested in.
    To hell with the lack of parking OR the fact he's shutting off major supply to the entire Northeast with his commerce disruption !!

PA is the highest fuel tax in the country, yet they can't keep the critical roads clear...???

This is total nonsense!!

Throw out Wolf or at least start Suing PA for causing major disruption of vital supplies tothe Northeast States.

bzinger and 6wheeler Thank this.
  7. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

What are you kidding?

All this talk about strikes, if Alabama starves you get 2 days on CNN, no fuel in Michigan? Won't even raise eyebrows.

If everyone shuts down in OH/VA until there's not a flake on the ground or a drop in the air? The national media will think it's the biggest crisis since peeing in a Moscow hotel room.

Also there are some bad spots on the Turnpike, I-76, 80 and 81 that you just can't get to if somebody wrecks. It was a national embarrassment when people were stuck between Hamburg & Allentown for 3 days because of an accident.

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.