Paccar MX Injector Spill Valve #2?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by PrettyBoyTrucker, Jul 19, 2016.

1. PrettyBoyTrucker

PrettyBoyTrucker Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Raleigh, NC
    Truck is skipping & running rough. Decelerating & losing power especially up hill. Is it the DEF ? Or something else causing the issue? What course of action should be taken before Kentworth charges crazy hourly rates for maybe a easy fix ...

Road Killer Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Paccar engine is very sensitive to plugging fuel filters, be sure you have the right micron rated filters. They also do not like bio diesel. I burn nothing but ulsd in my paccar and notice a decline in performance with bio fuel.
    When was dpf filter cleaned last?.
    My paccar has 899,870 mi on it. I also have an apu.
    Every 200k perform overhead, clean dpf, change def filter, clean egr valve, doser, flush egr cooler. Also change poost psi sensor. Paccar now recommends changing sensor everytime dpf filter baked. Do to soot and carbon plugging sensor. Also atmospheric psi sensor gets coated with soot will not compensate for changes in altitude properly. My mx13 is a 13 model year. So sensors locations have changed.

4. PrettyBoyTrucker

Aug 31, 2015
    Raleigh, NC
    Purchase the truck used in February . 2012 with 600,000 miles. The dpf filter may need to be cleaned out along with the Egr valve. Is that an easy task? Or expensive ?

Road Killer Thanks this.
  5. jason6541

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    It will cost you for everything i mentioned in previous post around 2200.00. I do mine however, I would not recommend unless you are very mechanically inclined. Changing sensors is something you can do yourself. Google sensor location for mx13 2013 and a pdf file should show up

6. jason6541

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Dpf filter will have to be baked. Take to dealer they will let you know if filter is plugged. Also have them do a ride along with laptop connected. Hopefully with a loaded trailer to replicate the issue. That way they can take a snap shot of all the engines sensors. And make a well informed diagnosis

Road Killer and PrettyBoyTrucker Thank this.
  7. jason6541

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Hopefully your not idling the engine much as idling is very hard on after treatment system

Road Killer Thanks this.
  8. PrettyBoyTrucker

Aug 31, 2015
    Raleigh, NC
    Thanks for all the info. I have the truck at a Kentworth Dealer now. I need to find a personal mechanic that can help me with all these kinds of issues.

SAM OUT OF RALEIGH NC

Road Killer Thanks this.
  9. jason6541

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Good luck with repairs hope it's not to big of a hit

Road Killer Thanks this.
  10. hammerdown85

hammerdown85 Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2017
    So I have a 2013 KW T660 Paccar 455 13spd auto. I idle quite a bit, because I don't have a unit. Would it be wise to sacrifice what little extra fuel I'd use idling the truck up at night with the cruise controls or not? I've been told good and bad....

Road Killer Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.