Paid off truck vs financing

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by Wespipes, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Why would you want to spend 80 k to earn an average living? I know it goes against all the advice usually found on this forum. But I would put the minimum down, on the nicest Truck you can afford. keep 30 k fluid for cash flow, and invest the rest. The interest is deductible, and the depreciation will help at tax time, wether you pay cash or finance. The other way is too risky for Me. Why? Because, interest rates are low, return on investments are high.And in time the $$$ invested will pay off through the magic of compound interest. There’s just so many better places to put cash than into a Truck.

Wespipes Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Liquidforce

Liquidforce Light Load Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Savannah GA
    Plenty of late model equipment going through the auctions for cents on the dollar at the moment and I’m sure that’s just starting. You should be able to pick up a yearling with sub 100k miles for around $80k, based on what I’ve seen lately. Still have plenty of factory warranty left at that point...

4. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    That’s true,and I’m pretty sure it’s only the beginning. More inventory on the way. Unfortunately for some. But for the OP an opportunity, having the power of cash. Using it to get a great deal, would be the way to go. Almost brand new Truck fo 80 k. Hard to beat a deal like that.

Wespipes Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.