Paint for RGN

Discussion in 'Heavy Haul Trucking Forum' started by W923, Mar 8, 2022.

1. CAXPT

CAXPT Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Michigan
    The salt aspect is why I recommended the hammer finish paints to paint our makeshift salt storage area, which was an old shed covering that we poured concrete knee walls on, and then put rough sawn 3X6 up between the metal beams holding up the shed, but prior to doing that, we had sandblasted, primed and used that hammer rite paint on the steel beams. The salt was working on the boards with very little effect on the steel beam's paint. :)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
    Oxbow Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. W923

W923 Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2022
    If it’s in a salt shed it should do great on a trailer

Oxbow and CAXPT Thank this.
  4. CAXPT

CAXPT Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Michigan
    That was my thought process. :)

Oxbow Thanks this.
  5. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    I’ve used Canadian Rustoleum, it’s called Tremclad up here, on tool boxes, frames and rear-ends. You have to go about 50/50 with reducer to get it through a gun but it covers ok and it’s pretty tough.

beastr123, CAXPT and AModelCat Thank this.
  6. CAXPT

CAXPT Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Michigan
    I figured it would need to be reduced for spraying, when we put it on those poles, we globbed it with brushes. :) I mention plural, because that stuff gets so sticky and tacky if you let it set for any amount of time, and the clean up is not guaranteed to work, once it dries on the brush.

7. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Don’t use your favourite paint brush to smear that stuff around with. It’s got urethane in it, that’s why it’s so beastly on brushes and clean up. To be honest I haven’t messed with brushes at all since I figured out how to get it through a gun. Try spraying it. You get a decent looking finish and it seems a lot harder to damage than a big heavy coat slapped on with a brush.

CAXPT and beastr123 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.