Palmentere Brothers Cartage

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by otr500, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Low_Down

Low_Down Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Panama City Florida
    OK well i have a problem. I have been out of work due to a back injury in Sept of 2009. I had surgery in Jan 2010. I was just released by the Dr's in July. But noone wants to hire me out of Panama City Florida. That or they say they cant hire me due to my back surgery. Palmentere Brothers said yes they would take me on. But now that I read this I am not sure what to do. I have worked for a lot of companies that have went of of business so it makes my apps look bad. I have never lost a load and never been fired. Nor have I ever had a wreck. I have been out here from mid 2000. Please can someone give me some answers here.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. freightpusher69

freightpusher69 Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Big Bear Lake, Ca
    ha ha ha you must be kiddin, so who is this transparent guy anyway?? one of Joe P's favorite stoolies or joe p himself. come on guys for real 1200 people have been through palmentere bros orientation since january 1, 2010 and only 164 of them are still their, i mean really. i have personally known 15 people who left this company for various reason but all come back to company abuses. this company is a JOKE. joe p is this you or one of your buddies??? at this company they have trailer baby sitters not truck drivers, and for the record Joe T in safety is a professional and i have nothing bad to say about him. i know that joe got in his face when he first started and fired 15 unsafe drivers right off the bat, and joe p went through the roof. i think Joe T deserves a better company and i give him until the end of this year to find a better home, and as far as their safety record they are in a mandatory pull in for inspection right now. hey if you don't beleive me, then go to the ' fmcsa safer site ' and see for yourself. Transparent is just that. thanks for the laughs transparent. i will find out who you are and post it here.:biggrin_25511:

4. colubia

colubia Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Atlanta,Ga
    :biggrin_25510::biggrin_25510::biggrin_25510::biggrin_25510::biggrin_25510::biggrin_25510::biggrin_25510::biggrin_25510:
    Stay away if you want to keep your DAC in good shape They will burn you let alone Starve you to death!!!!:biggrin_25510::biggrin_25510::biggrin_25510::biggrin_25510::biggrin_25513::biggrin_25513::biggrin_25513:

5. memberfriend

memberfriend Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Houston, tx
    Just heard that Joe T. (safety) went to NKC Transportation just across the river in north Kansas City missouri. Guess he had enough palmentere crap as well!!! I'm going to look him up and go there!!! Glad I left Palmentere when I did a couple months ago:biggrin_25516:

6. rvzfan

rvzfan Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2011
    palmentere is alot like most company"s (pretty much what you make it) it can be good ie: doing your job without a lot of drama doing what they say not what you want you work for them ............. remember......... maybe that came off sort of brash sorry my point being alot of people come to work for company"s palmentere in cluded with there own list of demands ie; i,ll run here i won't go there i want a new truck from the start i wanna go home when i want....... i guess i'm of a different schooling or generation as 1 might put it i work for them they don't work for me..... i started here last year and i love the job worked a few other company's where i was always a truck number here they all know who i am i have no set problems with dispatch load planners etc i just do 1 load at a time to the best of my ability.......... i'll load it if i have too ,lump it if i have too and not afraid to work on equipment if needed it has paid off i never sit more than a half hour after m/t got a 4 cent per mile raise cause i ain,t scared to do what i have too and get too show off a beautiful 2012 wine colered t/660 with 8 miles on it ( when i got it) in the process... yes they charge $50 a week for 10 weeks incase you dump the truck somewhere besides kc............ they will give you your $500.00 back on the spot when you quit like a man i have seen this done they allow pet,s and all trucks have an working apu .......... don't know where you stand but my way of thinking this beats the hell out of working for a so called better company that has idle restrictions no apu and forced to keep cool or warm the best way you know how.......... there have been alot of changes at palmentere and they keep growing it is not a bad place to work ........... as any other job it is what you make it.. as soon as you talk to a recrutier you are told we are forced dispatch you will be asked to stay out atleast 4 weeks before home if you know this going in what is the problem?as far as fudging a log HMMMMMMMMMM. so your 10 miles from your home and your girl (or) guy has a tender moment planned you run out of hours would you shut down and proceed in the morning? or would you go on home?.......... same being your 10 miles from the rcvr you run out of hours would you shut down knowing you cannot deliver till late the next day because of the appt bs or would you run it there take your break at the rcvr and load out in the morning? same difference ............................ thanks for your time rvzfan

7. rvzfan

rvzfan Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2011
    why have nt i had these problems at P B C? could it be that i do my job without flapping my gums and that i did not expect perfection........... it is a job no 1 ever put a gun to my head and said you will drive for us or else i stay because i want too if i have a problem it gets solved but than again i am 1 that will run not expecting home time everytime my laundry gets dirty have nt not had a paycheck yet............. ya;ll might wanna reconsider bashing pbc or atleast tell both sides not just the parts where every1 was in the wrong but you............. enjoying my .40 cpm in my new apu equiped kw what has your company done for you lately???????????????????? thanks for your time rvzfan

8. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    your posting are hard to follow.

9. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    Maybe its cause there still trying to figure out what your saying? Just sayin.

10. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    rvsfan, I agree about the mentality you have working for Palmentere bros....I have found that if you go to a company, do what they are paying you to do, you can succeed just about anywhere. Any company I have ever worked for I usually get all the miles I can handle once the load planners and dispatchers see that I will do my job, will go where ever the send me and not whine, and I always deliver my freight on time and don't need someone to hold my hand to get it there.

I worked for a company out of Va. for 7 years pulling a reefer, I got all the miles I wanted, but a friend of mine always complained he couldn't get any miles...well he wouldn't go to Jersey, Chicago, or the North East. Hhmm lets see your working for a regional carrier that has tons of freight going to these locations. Theirs your sign.

Best of look and be safe.

11. Triple 7

Triple 7 Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Yankton, SD
    It's been over 2 years since I quit Palmentere Bros. and all I can say is good riddance.
    I was one of the unfortunate (albeit at my own request) to be accepted as one of their dispatchers. This was after being out OTR for them for 2 years. Upon interviewing for the position I was told by Joe Palmentere himself, with my wife present, that I was responsible for "babysitting a bunch of ignorant, homeless CDL holders". I lasted a total of 2 months in the office and then begged to go back over the road.
    For those of you looking to sign on with these people because your license is messed up for whatever reason... FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO GO!!! They will fine you for improperly inflated tires, among other things... basically they're looking for you to work for free.
    To top it all off, Joe P. told one of his relatives to steal the registration tags off my personal vehicle to move his pickup to his house because he wouldn't pay a mechanics lein. And then they got pissed when I called the police to report my tags stolen.
    Needless to say that was the last straw. I emptied the tractor at the yard and headed for greener pastures. When it did come time to hire on with another company, I found out they trashed my DAC.... constantly late pickups and deliveries (I was AT A MINIMUM of 6 hours EARLY for 3 years), abandoning my tractor with a load (I was bobtail, waiting for my next load.... at the yard/office)... and that I was an "okay driver".
    Ladies and Gentlemen of our forsaken profession... if any company should be shut down for illegal and unethical bussiness practices, go no further than Palmentere Brothers Cartage in Kansas City, MO.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.