PAM might be giving me my 2nd chance

Discussion in 'PAM' started by OzzyOKC, Dec 4, 2013.

1. OzzyOKC

OzzyOKC Light Load Member

May 29, 2010
    Durant, OK
    Trying not to count my chickens but PAM might be giving me a chance. I refused a drug test back in 2009 and havn't been a driver since. Still got more to talk to them about before I drive 1k miles to training. One question I have is, since I already have a CDL, how long would the schooling be(Driver Solutions)? I will be making sure "full disclosure" happens and have all my ducks in a row before I leave. I want to make sure if I get declined it's still while I'm at home.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Since it was back in 2009, Swift might hire you; have you asked?

PTL might hire you if you're in the hiring area. They give drivers a 2nd chance sometimes.

4. OzzyOKC

May 29, 2010
    Durant, OK
    I tore 3 ligaments in my left knee in 2010 so I'm talking to companies with autos first. TransAM says they would hire me if I did a 120hr refresher course. Only way I'm likely to do that is with family help.

5. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Don't start saying what you will or won't do. You want to drive after refusing a drug test? Hell, I would say "see ya". If it means that much, do what they ask. If you're not willing to, then time for something else.

6. OzzyOKC

May 29, 2010
    Durant, OK

My apologies, what I ment to say was "Only way I'm likely to BE ABLE TO do that is with family help." Cause I'm completely broke. You are right and that is my plan, I'll do anything for PAM if they let me get back in a truck, I'd even drive teams. Since refusing that drug test in 2009 I've managed to work a solid 1.5 years thanks to nearly killing myself in the summer of 2010 in a scooter wreck. I was a pretty good driver considering how green I was and it's the only job I've ever had that let me make more than 15k in a year. I wont screw it up this time, THAT I can promise and deliver on.

7. OzzyOKC

May 29, 2010
    Durant, OK
    Well looks like PAM pulled Florida from thier hiring area today so my C1 recruiter is matching me up with USA Truck. Cya PAM drivers on the road!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.