PAM transport (Scam Transport)

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by UpstateFreight, Mar 9, 2016.

1. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    You live within your means. Don"t have to drive (or park) a $42,000 car. Don't have to live in (or drive past) a $300,000 home. Don't have to apply for (and max out) 5 credit cards. Etc...

2,000 miles x .25cpm = $500.00 a week.
    Make it work, or look elsewhere.

Western flyer Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. UpstateFreight

UpstateFreight Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2016
    Potsdam,Ny
    You can't. You're pretty much are forced to take advances every week. And when you team the truck makes 35 cpm and you split that with your teammate. So the truck might run 4100 miles in a week but you make 17.5 cpm for the miles you ran during that week.

4. White Dog

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    4,100 miles x .175cpm = $717.50

5. UpstateFreight

Mar 8, 2016
    Potsdam,Ny
    You only get paid for the miles that you drive, not every mile the truck runs.

6. White Dog

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Are you 100% sure about that?

The TRUCK ran 4,100 miles.
    The TEAM splits .35cpm.
    $1,435.00 ÷ 2 (team) = $717.50 each.

If you have a lazy team mate and end up doing the majority of the driving...that's on you, not the company.

7. UpstateFreight

Mar 8, 2016
    Potsdam,Ny
    I'm 100% positive about that. I used to drive for them. And it's not like the math you showed above. They way it works, is more like this. 4100 miles ÷ 2 = 2050 x .175 = $358.75. I know that's how they do it because, when I first picked up my teammate, he just got off his trainer's truck and was out of hours. So he had to do a reset. I had been off my trainer's truck for a week and went on two days of hometime and was sent out solo until he got off his trainer's truck. I went from Little Rock down to Panama city, and then from Panama City back to Little Rock. I picked him up at the pam yard in Little Rock and t called my back haul from Panama City. Picked up another tcalled load that was heading to Detroit. And then picked up in Detroit and went down to Laredo. We were in Texarkana before his hours reset, and he only got a total of around 600 miles for the week, cause that's all he drove. I had two solo runs from Little Rock to Panama City, and a back haul from Panama City to Little Rock at .25 cpm and 2 team trips, one from Little Rock to Detroit and another from Detroit to Laredo at .175 cpm on my check. He had one team trip from Texarkana to Laredo on his check. I remember him complaining about how he didn't get paid for all the miles that the truck ran, and only the miles he drove.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  8. diesel drinker

diesel drinker Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2015
    That's $500 a week BEFORE TAXES???I don't believe it!
    Yeah,I don't have to drive $42k car but it sure feels good to know that I can.
    These guys are pariahs of trucking world!

9. Steven W

Steven W Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2016
    I live in Tulsa OK and since I was on unemployment the Cherokee Nation paid for my entire school through Roadmasters.

Also there are other companies besides Pam that will put you through schooling. Not many but a few. I almost went through Pam until I stumbled across the funding through the Cherokee Nation grant. And no, you don't need to be a registered Native American, just be on unemployment and live in one of their counties.

10. White Dog

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    I believe you.
    But believe me when I say...I can not for the life of me ever understand why anyone would sign up for a system like that. EVER! It blows my mind.
    I never drove team. I made .26cpm solo, the week ai graduated trucking school in the real early 90's.

11. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    The only people that can survive on $500 a week (gross before taxes) are the ones that live in their truck and have no living expenses other than food and the cell phone bill. Even five hundred net would provide a very poor existence.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.