pam transport

Discussion in 'PAM' started by markr, May 9, 2008.

1. markr

markr Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2008
    leonard texas
    Hi I am new to the site and just starting out with PAM Transport. Should be getting my trainner this next week. Look for any new people with PAM to share any info about PAM, the trainning program, anything at all. Thank you Hey To any C1 studants out of the Fort Worth program 4-21 to 5-9 GOOD LUCK OUT THERE GUYS

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    Mark,

Welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us. You'll get some answers on PAM as there are several here that have driven or are driving for them. Good luck and keep us posted on how you do with them.

4. drive55cat

drive55cat Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Pa
    Hey markr, just drive the truck and pay attention, there will be plenty of time to swap stories later.

5. CURTWAYNE

CURTWAYNE Medium Load Member

Jun 4, 2008
    LITTLE ROCK, AR
    HEY, new driver! Hope everything is working out for you. I drove for PAM for two years. It's not a bad company to start out with. They are pretty good with directions, and at the very least, a place to start.
    After two years, I decided that I wanted to be closer to home ALL the time. So, I got a local driving job.
    So, good luck to you, hope to see you around.

6. markr

markr Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2008
    leonard texas
    Hey everyone I am out on my own. Everything is going good. I am setting in Joplin MO. waiting for a load out of here but it is sunday so you never know. talk later bye bye

7. Justinxx81

Justinxx81 Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Roanoke, VA

Hello and good luck to ya bud! How has your experience been so far with PAM? How was the orientation and training? How long did you have to stay with a trainer?

8. IUfanforever

IUfanforever Light Load Member

May 31, 2007
    Good luck with PAM! From what I hear they are a good entry level company. On of my friends went through Driver Solutions in Indianapolis and now works for PAM. He has been there over a year and runs a dedicated route.

9. Treb

Treb Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    Hey Markr,
    I'm at C1 in Fort Worth right now. Just passed all my written tests at the dps. I look forward to posting here myself on my PAM training and driving experiences.

This may be a new policy, but I was told the training driver will pick us up at our home area and the initial orientation is at school with another one at the Arkansas yard after training is done. I guess someone got smarter and decided it was easier for new drivers to wait at home for a trainer then sitting in an Tontitown motel waiting.

~T

10. rodcannon

rodcannon Light Load Member

May 17, 2008
    Alma, Michigan
    I've got PAM on my list of good starter companies and want to let you guys know that I am interested to read about your experiences.

11. crazyray

crazyray Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2007
    arcadia LA
    Pam is a alright company in my opinion not the best paying but they have done what they have said and miles have been decent even with slowdown in automotive. Run legal not much pressure not to just DM not always up on your available hours, I have had to remind them a cpl of times but then that was the end of it no problem. Be professional and try and remember you are the only contact customer may have to company.

memees23 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.