PAM Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Headed Out, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Headed Out

Headed Out Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Ohio
    Hello, just checking on the current status of PAM. Anyone going through the training now? Or just completed?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. russ12751

russ12751 Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2008
    jackson, Mi
    I just completed my training at Ft Wayne and got home this past Friday, have called them every day, finally got a hold of some one yesterday who was filling in for the person Iam supposed to talk to, only said they had me down for the 27th and that was it. Called today, same thing, cant get a hold of any one, and they say dont call on the weekend, so here Iam , sitting , going to try again latter this afternoon, will see what happens, but so far, I dont like the way things are going. Had to sign a huge pile of papers at school for them, remember, they charge you for any thing you do wrong, log book mistakes, not fileing documents fast enough etc. I had a feeling I was making a big mistake, who knows, but so far I just dont have a good feeling about it.

4. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    I have worked for them over 1.5 yrs now(Decker Division). Never heard of anyone being charged for log errors or late paper work. I have heard there is a little back log of students to be picked up on the PAM side.

5. russ12751

russ12751 Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2008
    jackson, Mi
    I dont know what to say...they made us sign a paper listing all the fees we had to pay for different violations, at our orientation, , we were told, you have to sign or NO pre hire,

6. crazyray

crazyray Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2007
    arcadia LA
    Pam will make you sign a agreement that they can fine you for various log violations, but they only do that as a last resort, Kari in logs told me that it happens very rarely.

7. rfoy2

rfoy2 Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Memphis T.N
    well this worries me i have career change ( at 45 yrs of age ) and i start my training at drivers solutions with a job offer from pam . I hope the right choice I have a family to support and i DONT NEED TO BE NICKLE AND DIMED TO DEATH

8. tandmaru06

tandmaru06 Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Springhill, FL
    Go to Werner. They won't do that to you. I worked for them a few years ago; they are were fair and honest with me.

Those big Companies are usually the only place a new driver can start and most of them are horrible so do your 6 months to 1 year with them and do not get any tickets or have any accidents and you will have a lot of options after you put in your time with them!

I am sure there are some others who are fair and honest but Werner is the only one i know by experience.

9. dislinwhixie

dislinwhixie Light Load Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Birmingham AL
    Glad to see another older newbie here (I'm 40). School starts Dec 1 for me. I'm leaning toward PAM, but I could go with USA Truck as well. Still waiting to hear from Star.

I too am hoping PAM is the right decision.

10. crazyray

crazyray Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2007
    arcadia LA
    I have had basicly a good experience, there will be days that you end up sitting waiting on dispatch and others that you get dispatch just as soon as you send in empty call. I have averaged about 26-2900 miles per week, had no fines for any log mistakes even though have made a few, and have been able to have a good relationship with my dispatcher. Work hard, try and look for the positive side of things and things will work out for you at PAM:biggrin_25525:

11. rfoy2

rfoy2 Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Memphis T.N
    I was told by Drivers sol-- that pam is no longer hiring then drivers sol told me that they would ck for other companys and would call me back so i waited and dint hear from them so i tried to call them back and they BLOCKED MY NUMBER ALL THIS JUST 4 DAYS BEFORE I STARTED CLASS SO DOUG CAN KISS MY #####$ IM GOING TO ANOTHER SCHOOL !!!!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.