Pam trucking in bad shape

Discussion in 'PAM' started by screaminbytes, Mar 9, 2009.

1. screaminbytes

screaminbytes Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2009
    North Jackson, Ohio
    It seems all is not well on the interstate front for PAM. As if miles could drop off any further without working and getting food stamps, they have. We have had no accidents, no tickets and have a reputation of getting the load there early or ontime. But still find ourselves staring at the Pilot sign for days on end. Sitting currently in East St Louis for yet another 2 days waiting for something to beep into the cab over the qualcom. Just silence for now. I can tell you, the fuel pumps are busy all night so someones running, just isnt PAM. Anyone need a hard working husband wife team with excellent safety record? It just kills me to think a McDonalds cook makes more than I do each week.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I quit PAM in July, I sit a lot too now. PAM's stock price has really dropped the last week. I think they lost 11 million last year, ouch. Good luck too you, at least you get layover

4. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    It seems like I sit for a while, then run my ### off, then sit for a while. I've also been trapped by the Irving shop a few time.

5. EbonSaint

EbonSaint Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Ortonville, Michigan
    Irving shop is the last place you ever want to get stuck. At any point they have like, 35 trucks waiting to get in and half the time, they don't do the service they're supposed to. If you can get away with it, head through North Little Rock or even Effingham. If you're in Oklahoma, hit the shop there, every other one is slow death.

6. screaminbytes

screaminbytes Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2009
    North Jackson, Ohio
    Well, as I sit here yet again in St louis waiting for a load, I can tell you that they havent been running our butts off this week either. The April shutdown is coming and who knows how long it will take to get outta North Jackson this time. Good luck to you too.

7. Gobi

Gobi Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2007
    I feel for you guys. Unless you just love the OTR lifestyle you might want to look into getting with a LTL carrier in your home areas. Better pay and you're home almost every night. Just a thought. Good luck out there. I used to drive for PAM, I know the feast or famine routines. I feel you you.

BigDfromTX Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.