Panhandlers at Truck Stops

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Winkjr, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Stormy 69

Stormy 69 Medium Load Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Confusion
    Instead of money or food hand them job applications

4. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    It's pretty hard to be hirable when you have nowhere to sleep, shower, take a dump or shave your face. It is doubly more difficult, if you have a mental illness you can't treat because you don't have insurance. Nobody is going to hire a homeless person because it is still legal to discriminate against them.

Waggledaddy Thanks this.
  5. Stormy 69

Stormy 69 Medium Load Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Confusion
    If you look closer. At least 99% of the panhandling scum bags have cell phones. Now if I was asking for spare change to survive I sure as heck wouldn't have one. but we all know how it is nowadays something for nothing.

Lucidiousgibs Thanks this.
  6. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    I kind of disagree with this. This isn't 1999 when cell phones were a luxury. They're probably easier to find than a landline at this point. With pay as you go plans, you can buy one of these phones for like $50. If they're breaking out the iPad tablet, then I could see your point.

Mattflat362 Thanks this.
  7. Lucidiousgibs

Lucidiousgibs Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Yeah i buy the ones that you don't need a can opener though. Its the ones with the tab you can bend up and the lids peel off.

8. Lucidiousgibs

Lucidiousgibs Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Ha yeah me too now.

9. Ride along wife

Ride along wife Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2022
    What’s worse is when another trucker is begging for money. I’m a ride along wife and this guy waited till my husband left and then I got out to go use the restroom he approached me and asked for money to buy a hotdog. I told him I’m sorry I have no cash he then turned around to walk away and in a sarcastic tone said well you could have gone in and bought it for me. I was gonna offer him some food I had on the truck but after the nasty way he reacted to me telling him I had no cash I basically said f it.

TheLoadOut Thanks this.
  10. johnsonbar502

johnsonbar502 Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2022
    This always worked for me...... beggar tells me he hasn't eaten in two days... I use the ole Henry "Henny" Youngman routine by saying.... "You haven't eaten in two days...... don't worry, it still tastes the same," I always get this... deer in the headlights look. Cracks me up all the time.:)

Ride along wife Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.