Panhandlers at Truck Stops

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Winkjr, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Shaggy76

Shaggy76 Heavy Load Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    I love the people that beg for money over the CB radio talking about how they are broken down in the parking lot or looking for just enough gas money to get home 30 miles away, but will refuse to sale the radio... What gives?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. T-Lady

T-Lady Medium Load Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Wautoma, WI
    if they sell the radio, how will they keep a BIG audience? Might get slugged by some trucker's wife who thinks they're trying to solicit "favors", right? *LMAO*

4. ghostchild

ghostchild Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2009
    You won't usually find those who are out of work, and stuggling, loitering around truck stops and convient stores...

As you wrote above, those are usually your habitual beggers...

But notice they always go home at night to a home or residence...except the true transient types...

But they've chosen that lifestyle...not all, but many...

What they don't realize, is that times are tough for a lot of people right now...
    They seem to think just because you pull up in a truck or car, that you must be a millionare...and have money to throw away on their personal issues...

They have chosen to burden others, with their own issues...

And if it were up to me...you can be homeless, or choose not to work, but the minute you start burdening others in the public with your issues...than straight off to Iraq or Afganistan you go...period...

If you have nothing better to do with your life other than burdening others, who themselves are struggling...than If I had say so, I'd ship them off to one of the many worlds troubled spots, and put them to work...

texasbbqbest and U4EA Thank this.
  5. SmokeyCowboy009

SmokeyCowboy009 Heavy Load Member

Mar 4, 2009
    Watertown, WI
    ive had em try selling me expensive stuff or asking me to wash my windows, shine the wheels etc.
    I just tell no thanks and keep on doing my thing i was doing.

6. Okieron

Okieron Crusty Okie

Dec 23, 2009
    muskogee, ok
    watch your empty trailers too. I woke up once and found seven people in my trailer. I started locking it even when it was empty after that.

fireba11 and bergy Thank this.
  7. SHO-TYME

SHO-TYME Road Train Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA

Should of locked the door and called the cops, too bad you didn't have a reefer, turned it down to about -20.

jimmiesgirl48 and fireba11 Thank this.
  8. LSAgentOZR

LSAgentOZR Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Two words: False Imprisonment :biggrin_25512:

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  9. NSBGearjammer

NSBGearjammer Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Sunshine State
    I have started a hotline for instant contributions to unwanted freelance panhandlers and solicitors.
    It's 555-FUX-UBUM. Call now, warm p-bottles are standing by.

Outlaw27 Thanks this.
  10. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    Guy in ATL told me he would go grocery shopping for me I just needed to give him the $ up front....

Gee buddy sounds legit to me.

11. fireba11

fireba11 Heavy Load Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Tracy City, TN
    lol......I just tell them, when they come on with that "My car broke down coming home from grandma's and I just need a couple of bucks for gas" line. If you didn't have the funds to cover a breakdown then you shouldn't be out here driving!

I did turn 1 lady down one night, felt bad afterward. She said, "If I had offered you a blow job you would of helped me out" then she turned and walked away. It is so hard to tell who really needs help and who are professional pan handlers, makes it bad for those who really need help.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.