parking a truck and trailer i miami,fl

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by gerardo1961, Apr 19, 2010.

1. gerardo1961

gerardo1961 Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    miami
    Hi i look to find a secure place in miami to park my tractor and the trailer for days every time when i coming home .please with adress and phone number

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CommDriver

CommDriver Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2006
    I can't think of anywhere safe without paying. Last time I was there, I paid to park one night at the place in Hialeah. There's no way I would leave my truck there unattended. I've heard the place at Dade Corners is more secure. Look at a truck stop guide for info.

4. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    My company had a truck stolen in the Miami area yesterday - I think paying for parking and leaving a truck unattended is the price you pay for living there...

5. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    Your profile says you have been driving 3 years. What the heck? Did you seriously move to miami without researching this? Have you just not come home in 3 years?

Farva Thanks this.
  6. MrMustard

MrMustard Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Dayton, Ohio
    Last time I was in Miami I had some bad directions, couldn't find the receiver, and found my way back to I95. I then stupidly pulled over on the shoulder to use my phone. Don't ever pull over on the shoulder down there! A car pulled up in front of me, blocking me so I couldn't go forward. Three or four thugs climbed out of that car and started to walk back towards me. Well, I spent ten years of my life driving taxi-cabs, so I'd been in this situation before. I slapped the shifter in reverse and started backing up. They started running towards me. I backed up about a quarter mile so I had enough runway to get around the parked car, stopped, threw it in fourth gear, popped the clutch and got the hell out of there. I ain't been back to Miami since, and I'm not going back anytime soon. There is one truck stop down there, and it only has about twenty parking spaces if I remember right. The closest safe place to park is at the rest area on 95 over a hundred miles north. Miami is a hell hole.

7. BIG RIGGER

BIG RIGGER Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Fargo,ND.
    If I lived down there I would look around near my house for a company with a large enough lot that my truck would not be in the way.Be nice and say please you might get lucky.

8. JazWife

JazWife Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Detroit, MI

9. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Just short of 3 years.

10. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    Man, what the hell. I've never had that happen to me, and i've even done EXACTLY THAT in miami. You must've run into the wrong dickheads at the wrong time!

For what its worth, i was on 75 just north of the 10 junction, and there was a dropped reefer on the side of the road. Nothing wrong with it. What the hell? it wasn't stolen because it still had a reefer unit on it, but thats just ASKING to get it stolen!

I had a guy on the CB tell me that they have a thing going on around there where they steal newer reefer trailers, take the reefer unit off, take the whole tandems out and replace them with old junky ones, and drop it in the woods somewhere....haha...

11. gerardo1961

gerardo1961 Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    miami
    I come home every time I only like to find a privatplace for truck and trailer in hiealeah you find 2truckstops for paying is save here I live 3,5 years in Miami I come before from Europe to miami now iam my own boss I like usa

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.