Parking at the truck stop head first

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Badmon, Jan 25, 2020.

Do you defend the nose-in drivers ?

1. I pull nose-in myself

2. No, they're idiots

3. I dont care it doesn't affect me

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I’ve woke up to my hood being ripped off. Not good. I’ll nose in when there’s plenty of room for others to get in or out. If it’s that tight, I have no Choice myself but to back in, nosing in is impossible. I get real nervous in those spots, since my hoods sticking way out there. I think if the way anyone parks bothers you that much, maybe you’re spending too much time at the Truckstops. Try being a little more Courteous, and less hateful. Park any way you want, I don’t care.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MOBee

MOBee Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2014
    This seems to be a belly button issue, innie or outie? If we insist a innie park next to an outer all around the truck stop, then lots of issues would be solved. Less, noise, less accidents etc.. Course the truck stop parking would have to be doubled for the same amount of trucks. That won't be an issue surely?

4. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    The difference is that you're not likely to get hit from the side backing in.

Badmon Thanks this.
  5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    If someone is going to hit you from the side. It don't matter what direction your going. They're going to hit you from the side.

If they're paying attention. They won't be hitting you. No matter which way you're going.

6. Eowyn

Eowyn Medium Load Member

Jul 5, 2016
    TN
    I didn’t read through the thread....... I voted no.

I find it disrespectful.....

1. You have no respect for others trying to get through the truck stops. Everyone must wait for you pedestrians included.

2. Your trailer is hanging out making it difficult for other drivers to get out of tight spots. Sometimes their blocking spots in corners too.

OldeSkool Thanks this.
  7. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Not everyone has a short truck and pulls a trailer with the tandems slid ahead. The two spreads are 52ft and the quads are 53ft. If I had to park at a truckstop no matter how I parked something would be sticking out. I’d rather it be the trailer so I would nose in, unless the spots were back to back and then I’d park even with the nose of other trucks and take up 10-12ft of the space behind me. It’s the truckstop’s fault that they design their lot based on fleet-style trucks because that’s not what everyone drives.

37B33BDF-9BEC-4840-AC74-87A0199C3FEE.jpeg 9565989B-C173-4F25-A2DD-8EF7E69CE69B.jpeg C810846A-1E23-4487-93F9-9C26AFED216B.jpeg 966F1BC1-0584-45F4-8D2B-9FC31E048C81.jpeg

wore out, HoneyBadger67, ZVar and 2 others Thank this.
  8. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Seriously man just give up. Those nitwits talking about a trailer sticking out dont have the brain power to comprehend that not every trailer has a sliding tandem.

9. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I thought pics might help. Lol.

10. Eowyn

Eowyn Medium Load Member

Jul 5, 2016
    TN

I understand what you are saying. Like I said I didn’t read through the thread. I didn’t want to go into semantics. In general I find the people who park this way annoying. It’s not so bad when it’s a tanker or a 48 ft.

I understand larger trucks need more space and wide loads need at least 2 spots. Doubles should have first pick at pull through.

But when some dumb @@@ in a regular ole truck with a 53 is making it difficult for those around them (probably throwing their trash out the window as well and peeing next to my truck because their to lazy to go inside or at least have the decency to keep it in a bottle ) it annoys me.

I try not to dwell on things too much.....thing happen.... may be they even lost power and that was the only way they could get to safety? I’ve been in situations where I wish I wasn’t and have learned that may be there is a reason that person SEEMS like a jerk.

Odin's Rabid Dog Thanks this.
  11. Cabinover101

Cabinover101 Heavy Load Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Yeah... Back it all the way in, it's Amazing how many trucks Don't back all the way into a spot either! Leaving their truck 5-10 feet sticking out

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.