Parking the truck at home??

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by rumbarrel, Apr 13, 2008.

1. driver4015

driver4015 Medium Load Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Bend ,Oregon
    I used to live in Grants Pass Oregon. for years I parked on the street in front of my house,the cops came by and told me that the people that lived there complained tha I was blocking their driveway. I told him to look and see that the truck is four feet from the driveway,he said they complained and I would have to move the truck. I told him there was no complaint that it was MY driveway and there was NO complaint. the next time I came home there was a new city law that said no parking on city streets for vechicles over11 ft tall. So I dropped my trl in a secure lot in town and backed the tractor into my driveway. That worked for awhile until they came up with another law that stated no comercial vecheles in the city limits unless they have a delivery. So break out the spare delivery recipts. Better yet I just up and moved to Bend Oregon!!:whdat:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lastkidpicked

Lastkidpicked Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Colorado
    Rumbarrell, what you can do is sit down and think about the places you shop while at home.

For example, if you shop at the local hardware store, ask them if you can park your truck behind the store when you are at home.

4. kd5giv

kd5giv Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Norman, Oklahoma
    Yeah it seems like trucks are being run out of town but yet, when local food runs out guess who people call. I wonder. Any guesses? Don't fine the hand the feeds you!
    I swear in 25 years you wont be able to tell the difference between Russia, China, and the US. I mean their and our laws anyway.

5. soundman

soundman Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2007
    PA
    Would a company consider Walmart a secure enough location?

6. JazWife

JazWife Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    We just relocated to an apartment in SE Florida and this is a huge problem for us. (My husband is a driver for Prime.)

I swear we've asked everyone. The apartment complex we live at was a big huge resounding - NO! Walmart - NO ! KMart -NO !
    The RV storage places want over $100 per month. We are struggling to make ends meet as it is. This is so frustrating :biggrin_25510:
    He is due back home in a few weeks, and I honestly don't know what we are going to do.

7. spork.man

spork.man Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Hi Jaz,

You might want to drive around and see if you can find a home builder or local construction company. Another idea - check craigslist. Not sure where you are but there appear to be a few options in southern FL that don't look too expensive

JazWife Thanks this.
  8. JazWife

JazWife Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    Thanks spork.man ......... didn't even think of craigslist, that's a good idea.
    We are in Boynton Beach, about 1.5 hr north of Miamil.
    I will have to google and/or drive around to look for construction companies as well.
    Heck, I even thought of asking local churches if they'd help us park on their lots if we make a little donation to the congregation.

9. kenworthdragon1

kenworthdragon1 Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2009
    manitoba,canada
    if you ask a littel strip mall here they will let you park at the end only problem is the stupied #$$ kids vandilzing things here you couldnt trust it

you know thats just sad though

my grandpa has a heated shop that he puts his 93 pete 378 in. anyways so you guys know how quit a cummins n14 with straight pipes is its loud but mostly quit or at least the 378 is quit. anyways there neighbor across complains all the time and thretend to kill my grandpa. anyways back to this so after it was done and over with all the other bs they put my grandpa and grandma through the local police department phoned saying they have a complaint of a truck warming up out side!!!! well my grandpa told them about the shop and brang the pee over to show em how loud it was ( hahaha that was a fun day with the grandpa)

so the joke was on him cause he was the only one on the road complaing and he's not across but a littel over and my grandpa has neibors right beside him

travis l

10. Everett

Everett Crusty Shorts, What???

Oct 20, 2009
    Hampton,Ia
    Goodmorning; here our wall-mart and k-mart are still opean too truck's, as of yet, most these soon will be closed too big trucks , k -mart too,put that big upside down u over drives, with warning thats only 11 feet high, why becuse of the same reason as for truckstop's, there tired of cleaning up after the baby truckdriver's, next the payment is not thick enuff for big truck's, i just wacthed a flatbed at our local hy-vee lot just get towed , load and all, driver was out there dancing around waving his arms around at the officers, i think he was mad, but clearly states no big truck's ,glad i wasnt him,but there plenty parking around, most time you have too ask, i just ussaly hit the truckstop here we have 4 here,good too go,and if you park in wall-mart your at your risk of people breaking in your truck, at lest at some truckstop's they sorta wacth your rig,Everett.:biggrin_25525:

11. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

Don't hold your breath on that one. Most of them barely put down thick enough asphalt to hold a uhaul truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.